Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Traffic Stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Stop

premise...i live in the country.

headed to work on a back road 45 mph zone, 7:30am come up over a hill and im going 62, parked cop facing my way....i let off the gas and know im getting pulled over, he turns his lights on b4 i am even past him... i pull over immediately, turn the bike off, take my helmet off and hang it on the mirror....open tank bank and pull wallet out, cop walks up, "lic, reg ins please." he doesnt bother with any b.s.(like do you know why i stopped you or do you know how fast you were going). and says is clocked you going 60. i said yea just a little late for work (true) he says i know it can be hard to keep these things under 60, i ride too. he says "im not giving you a ticket, but if you were in a car i would be. i know your probably paying an arm and a leg for insurance." (very nice guy) i give him my license, pawing through for reg.....and say i know i got my insurance here somewhere...he says dont worry about it, and head to his car with my license and reg.....

comes back with a written warning and says "just slow it down a bit you were going 15 over and a anyone else would have got a ticket. and a car definetly would have gotten a ticket for 15 over." i said thank you very much i really appreciate it. and he walked away.

this is what the world needs.....not more guys letting me get off, but guys that are reasonable. and looking to catch blatent speeding not cruising too fast with no one on the road.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Default RE: Traffic Stop

see that is right because you werent endangering anyone you were just cruising. and the cops need to go after the people that are doin 15 over in traffic, swerving and etc. glad to hear u got off and that you have some kick *** cops.
JonBrown

Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 PM

i agree that cops need to be more reasonable with things like that

although that cop really shouldnt have said some of those things, hope he wasnt being audio recorded...stuff like "you didnt get a ticket but a car would have because i ride too" could get him in a lot of trouble...and we want more of those cops on the road, lol

Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM

why would he have gotten in trouble. Cops can give tickets for what they want and not give tickets for what they dont want to. Its up to their discresion. They really dont need a reason. I was watching "speeders" and a cop says "wait here, i am going to write you a tickets." The girl says "both my parents are law enforcement." He says "have a good day" as he is handing her papers back to her. This was on national television.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:01 PM

he didnt say it was because he rides, but he just said a car would have gotten a ticket, but i know how hard it is to keep these under 60. (like the devil takes control of my throttle hand?)

Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM

lucky ! If he ride's then he knows you can get from the speed limit to 62 in a second so oopps !

Being country roads in the early morning prob helped too... little easier to forgive a sportbiker for 15over in the boonies.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:21 PM

Wow, I wish the cops in Jersey were that nice...Although it's been years since my last run-in. It's always nice to hear a nice story though.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM

ORIGINAL: EHonda

Wow, I wish the cops in Jersey were that nice
I agree, though there arent many backroads with no traffic, at least near me

Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

premise...i live in the country.

headed to work on a back road 45 mph zone, 7:30am come up over a hill and im going 62, parked cop facing my way....i let off the gas and know im getting pulled over, he turns his lights on b4 i am even past him... i pull over immediately, turn the bike off, take my helmet off and hang it on the mirror....open tank bank and pull wallet out, cop walks up, "lic, reg ins please." he doesnt bother with any b.s.(like do you know why i stopped you or do you know how fast you were going). and says is clocked you going 60. i said yea just a little late for work (true) he says i know it can be hard to keep these things under 60, i ride too. he says "im not giving you a ticket, but if you were in a car i would be. i know your probably paying an arm and a leg for insurance." (very nice guy) i give him my license, pawing through for reg.....and say i know i got my insurance here somewhere...he says dont worry about it, and head to his car with my license and reg.....

comes back with a written warning and says "just slow it down a bit you were going 15 over and a anyone else would have got a ticket. and a car definetly would have gotten a ticket for 15 over." i said thank you very much i really appreciate it. and he walked away.

this is what the world needs.....not more guys letting me get off, but guys that are reasonable. and looking to catch blatent speeding not cruising too fast with no one on the road.
You got a decent guy who also happens to be a cop.

I got off with a warning for doing 71 in a 65 in my old Mitsubishi. I was coming back from night class at a local college on a Friday night.

Anyway, cop says, "I'm not going to give you a ticket as you and that white SUV were both doing 71 for the last mile or so."

"I'm just going to ask you one thing Mr. ********."

"What's the speed limit in this county?"

I say "65mph sir".

Cop says..."Outstanding Mr. *******"

I laughed...so did he

Last thing he said was I looked a little tired.

I told him I work full time and go to school, and pointed to the books and backpack in the floorboard.

He said, "that'l do it." "You take it easy now, and slow down a little."

I have never again sped through that town ever again.

If he'd given me a ticket and not been so nice?

I'd probably go ripping through there every chance I get.

You see. He treated me with kindness, fairness, and respect, and ever since I have returned the favor.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

I have never again sped through that town ever again.

If he'd given me a ticket and not been so nice?
its called "wacthdog" style of the po-po, some cops hope that a warning is enough for some people to really just slow down thier driving, and he was right, all you needed was a warning. glad that cop read it right.

Quick Reply: Traffic Stop