Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Toys for Tots Program

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:09 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toys for Tots Program

Since 1947, United States Marine Corps has help look after America's needy children. At Christmas, Through Their Toys for Tots Program by distributing new toys, Marines are providing a message of Hope, Joy, Inspiration and Restore Self-Esteem to those families that may be less fortunate then lot of us. It is a program that is close to my heart, and something when I'm able to physically help with I do and we give every year. It is usually conducted by Marine Corps Reserve Units, and the Marines [/b]League Detachments [/b]and Others[/b]. But there are quite a few active duty Marines who find time to volunteer to help with this program. I would like to encourage those within this community. At the forum, regardless of your religious beliefs, to contribute somethingand if you know, a needy family there is a link at the main website to get their name on the list so come on guys either volunteer some time. you can fill out a application to volunteeronline do not have to do it person just go to the main website and select your stateand the website linked nearestto you so come on. Either give a toy to help the kids out our volunteer some time [/align]
http://www.toysfortots.org/default.asp[/align]

Old 11-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Toys for Tots Program

Just made a 25$ donation in honor of my grandfather. Thanks for the reminder of the program, Hardcorp.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 PM

Good to go. Anyone reading this has an internet connection, and more than likely is talking about their cool cbr they ride.Then theres kids out there who aren't sure if Santa will visit them this year. I'm not a save the world kinda guybut a few bucks that one might **** away at thelocal starbucks in a week would make a deserving kid happy.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a great program that my family participates in every year ... one of the very best charities out there!

Thanks Hardcorp!

Old 11-10-2008, 11:00 PM

Great program for those that aren't as fortunate. We have a toy drive here at my fire department too.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Done, and done.
Children everywhere need our support.
In honour of my late Dad, who was a WW2 Royal Navy veteran, and saw plenty of action in the Pacific on a Cruiser.
We have our own toy drive here, and on 30th Nov there will be 7500 bikes from our city delivering toys, cellphones, all sorts of stuff to a central point. We get about 50,000 bikes out nationwide on that day.
Best of luck Marines......thanks HC for bringing it up.

Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 AM

http://www.hooligansmc.com/

they have a toy ride thing going on that ill prob be participating in with the team i ride with.... if your in the bay area, feel free to join up.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 AM

Just dropped off a doodle sketch in the toy box here at work.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM

The Toys For Tots program needs everyone's help. Anything you can do will help. Please don't think that your donation won't make a difference. Believe me, it will. Think of the little boy or girl that will be smiling Christmas morning because of a car( or motorcyle..lol)or a doll they received. Here is a link to Atlanta's Toys For Tots website. Most major cities have a local website you can google.Thanks to everyone who are able to help out.

http://www.atlantatoysfortots.com/

Old 11-23-2008, 08:29 PM

I love this program. I have been participating now for 6 seasons ( this is my 6th ) and I am glad to see that people on here are participating. I dropped off about 60 bucks worth of toys on Friday and I would like to say thank you to everyone that is helping out.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=thanx.gif][sm=thanx.gif]

Quick Reply: Toys for Tots Program