Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Totalled the bike. Lucky to be alive

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Totalled the bike. Lucky to be alive

damn man, glad you are still alive!

Old 09-22-2007, 09:05 AM

Everytime I go to get on a bike with no jacket, I will picture your back! I had an accident last week at about 50 - 60mph I was wearing full gear and only suffered some bruising, I dread to think about what it would have been like if I wasn't wearing it all!
Hope you heal ok.
Patience is a good thing to have when you ride or drive.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:50 AM

Hey, buddy, glad to see you're here to tell us about it. For the rash, make an epsom salt slurry (add just enough water so it's like a gel) and have your girlfriend apply it to your back and leave it there for about an hour and wash it off. Repeat that every day, it'll hurt like **** but probly no more than having your shirt peeled off and it'll heal a hell of a lot faster (from personal experience) since you won't be leaking plasma and it'll kill the infection if there is puss.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:28 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545
so, tell me...would you say that it hurt?
The only pain is the whole in my heart from the bike that is no longer!

ORIGINAL: raven
It so coulda been me, last Saturday, because I did a similar stunt. My little group of Sportbikers blew past gaggles of Harley Drivers (Aspen Rally in the Ville), at twice the speed limit, over the double yellow, lane splitting with on-coming traffic. We were fully geared up, but all that was missing was a School-Zone we coulda pimped! I feel stoopid-lucky after seeing your back!
Man, don't share this here. Nobody's going to respond positively to this. Nobody cares to hear how "cool" you and your crew ride. The funny thing is if I was with a group, I never would have pulled this "stunt." Use your head next time and take it from me that even though I'm punching holes inwalls of my house from the pain that shoots through me trying to get up stairs (which took me 4 minutes to climb the first few times) and groaning every 2 hours from pain in bed, things could've been so much worse. Thanks for the tip about the trauma bandages!

Wildcat, my gf is going to get something big out of this if she stays strong for me throughout everything. I've been so frustrated due to the pain and lack of independence. Every other thing makes me yell, shout or swear at the world. I love her and love her for her big heart! She deserves a HUGE thank you! Thanks for mentioning her!

It was an 05 guys, so no OE stabilizer. It was the next accessory I wanted though! Go figure. I'm not sure if it would've prevented it entirely, but it could've helped me gain control quicker. The worst thing is, I thought I was actually going to save it. I guess I gave up after I was back and forth through both lanes and couldn't slow down. It was like a video game: I over-compensated to the right so tried to re-calibrate and lightly go to the left. Too light. Harder left. Too hard. Go back right. Too light again. **** it...hit the shoulder before I get taken out by a cage....BOOM. Only this time, I didn't return to the road w/the bike flashing back on course with one less life! Damn, it was real!

ORIGINAL: juggernaut
Hey, buddy, glad to see you're here to tell us about it. For the rash, make an epsom salt slurry (add just enough water so it's like a gel) and have your girlfriend apply it to your back and leave it there for about an hour and wash it off. Repeat that every day, it'll hurt like **** but probly no more than having your shirt peeled off and it'll heal a hell of a lot faster (from personal experience) since you won't be leaking plasma and it'll kill the infection if there is puss.
Hmmm...not a big fan of salt on open wounds unless I'm in that pleasure from pain mode. Are you for real man? I'll try it if you can vouch for it. How big of an area was your road rash and how fresh was it before you used the slurry?

Old 09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HOLY CRAP man! I just read the whole story. S**t, that sucks......especially the road rash (and I just have a teeny bit, and it hurts). I'm not sure if it was already said, but did you have full-coverage on her? If not, that sucks too,

Glad to see you're alright man. Take it easy and remember, your alive, and that's all that matters. You can always get another bike (like a new red 08 600RR ) But i feel you on loosing your older one. I'm upset over some scrapes on mine, I couldn't imagine seeing it all twisted up like that.

Take it easy man.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:09 PM

Thanks Blue. Full coverage has everything taken care of from aftermarket parts, to the helmet, to the clothes that were cut off in the ER and what-not. That '08 red/black is hell-a-sexy!!

Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 PM

Uuuummmm, I'm starting to get a little freaked out here. Way too many of us have been going down recently. ****! Be careful out there guys! Maybe it's a good thing that it's almost the end of the riding season for most of us. I don't know what else to say..

Oh, get well soon, er... man, WTF! I 'm really messed up over all these wrecks...

Old 09-22-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Uuuummmm, I'm starting to get a little freaked out here. Way too many of us have been going down recently. ****! Be careful out there guys! Maybe it's a good thing that it's almost the end of the riding season for most of us. I don't know what else to say..

Oh, get well soon, er... man, WTF! I 'm really messed up over all these wrecks...

NO KIDDING! I gave myself a reprieve after passing my accounting test today by riding the local twisties. The entire time I was thinking "slower is better" and "I will not do anything at the limit."

I hope your pain subsides soon. I can only imagine how that feels. [:@]

Old 09-23-2007, 11:53 AM

Yeah Greek, "rider down" is becoming too familiar around here lately. I can't help but own this one, and from what it seems like, most others' crashes were easily preventable also. It's not like a car pulled out and hit a rider, or was blind-sided by somebody that didn't see them, etc. OUR FAULTS!

Sixrr, The pain is familiar now and I guess the worse part is getting through the day with so much idle time on my hands and not really being able to leave the house. I should be working, making a living, helping people in their career, helping customers, contributing! The frustration is enough to make me scream.[:@]I feel like I should try and write a book with all my free time!!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:12 PM

Was illustrating how idiotic I am. Trying to say thank you. Sorry.G.

Quick Reply: Totalled the bike. Lucky to be alive