Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Top gear

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top gear

ok so i just finished watching an episode of top gear on bbc america. they were talking about level jumping and how old people keep getting in car accidents. i understand all that but then they said that is why you should always wear a highly visible refelctive coat[>:]... now i am confused what good is the coat going to do ? is it just to help you be seen or what ... why not advice people just not to cross the tracks when the lights are flashing

Old 02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Default RE: Top gear

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ok so i just finished watching an episode of top gear on bbc america. they were talking about level jumping and how old people keep getting in car accidents. i understand all that but then they said that is why you should always wear a highly visible refelctive coat[>:]... now i am confused what good is the coat going to do ? is it just to help you be seen or what ... why not advice people just not to cross the tracks when the lights are flashing

It's British humor. Sometimes it's subtle. You have to keep an ear out. Like the jacket thing... it's ridiculous.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:21 PM

HAHAHA .... thats soo funny..

yes.. very very dry british humor.. its funny once your used to listening to it.. but us americans with out hit you in the face raw humor rarely get it or find it funny.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

its funny cause i really think/thought they were serious about it. and then they had another episode on and they were talking with this woman and she was saying how some of these nice *** cars were pathetic and people found it funny cause the host had them on his top "cool" list.

i am all for forigen shows like i can watch crazy japanese shows all day and rather perfer movies in their original dilect instead of being dubbed over in english but i just dont understand them crazy brits

Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

its funny cause i really think/thought they were serious about it. and then they had another episode on and they were talking with this woman and she was saying how some of these nice *** cars were pathetic and people found it funny cause the host had them on his top "cool" list.

i am all for forigen shows like i can watch crazy japanese shows all day and rather perfer movies in their original dilect instead of being dubbed over in english but i just dont understand them crazy brits

Sometimes you won't. Other times, their crazy BS is just hilarious. It takes some getting used to. Believe me, there is some stuff that makes me go 'wtf?' I still watch Top Gear regularly b/c it has humor of a clean variety, it does take a little time to understand, and let's just face it.... the Stig is awesome. I also love the Stig's fat American cousin. Yes, the Brits are crazy... but funny. Watch the American road trip episode sometime. [&:]

Old 02-24-2008, 03:14 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

So...we're crazy huh!?...lol

I do like the show, it's funny and the humour is clean...

Old 02-24-2008, 03:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sarcasm.................very easy to catch onto there Havoc.

The show has so many subtle, clever hilarious bits kind of hidden here and there. If you've watched the show for a while, you know how Clarkson always raggs on Hammond for "whitening his teeth". In one of the newer episodes, he's pretends he's on the phone with Hammond having an important discussion. If you listen closely, the fake conversation is with Hammond getting his teen whitened for $4000 bucks. You miss a lot of clever humor if you don't pay close attention.

And my siggy is from an episode they should be showing next week.............

Old 02-24-2008, 09:32 AM

This thread is another reason why this forum is lame.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Yoshif4i

[sm=lame.gif]

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: Yoshif4i

Voodoo said be nice sooo here ya go...[sm=welcomesign.gif]and [sm=shutup.gif]

Quick Reply: Top gear