Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Took the MSF Course

Old 07-16-2007, 06:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the MSF Course

...and passed with flying colors. It was a good time, I had a lot of fun, learned a lot of new stuff and found a new riding buddy who lives just down the road from me.

I recommend it to anybody who hasn't taken it. Money well spent and may help reduce your insurance. I was practicing some of the stuff on my CBR in the parking lot this morning. Of course, my CBR is bigger and heavier than the little Nighthawk I was riding in the class, so I couldn't whip it around as easily.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:41 AM
Default RE: Took the MSF Course

ya its a damn good course to take. i need to get out and practice turning aroundon a 2way street without having to walk it around ha the nighthawks were a piece of cake ha i was draggin foot pegs and exhaust taking the turns on the nighthawk ahha only drug the tip of my shoe on the f4i ha

Old 07-16-2007, 08:55 AM

I wasn't to the point of dragging pegs and exhaust... I didn't trust the tires too much on mine and the parking lot wasn't clean-swept. But, I was continuously clipping the short little cones with my feet. Nothing impressive to most motorcycle guys, but for a novice like me, put a smile on my face.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like to try my cbr on some of those drills now, especially with my new sport demons, they are uber responsive and dive right into corners.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 AM

Am i the only one that had/ is having a bad experience with the MSF course?? I was actually afraid for my safetey during the first riding section. I have been on dirtbikes for 13 years and on the street for over a month before i took this class. Me and one other guy were the only ones who had ANY experience on a bike. I understand that the purpose of the course it to teach people how to ride, and i think thats great. But it was downriht dangerous. one woman after 5 hours of drills, came to stop in the line, wound the throttle wide open... couldn;t figure out what the F was going on, dumped the clutch, burned out spun around and took out another bike with someone on it.

If it didn;t help me get my liucense faster, i probably wouldn't go back next weekend.

Anyone else have a bad experience???

Old 07-16-2007, 01:44 PM

We had the problem with some people that came to stops with the throttle open too. They didn't keep their wrist down before they hit the brake. Nobody in our class dumped a bike, but the bikes all looked like they had been at one time or another. Hell, the bikes we were riding, I'll bet you'd really have to try hard to get one to burn out. I'd heard stories about a guy who took the course before ours who flipped one.

I don't think they're dangerous. Much more safer than riding without any experience on a road. A controlled environment crash would be better than getting run over by a car or hitting something with more mass than another bike.

Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM

I completely agree that a closed environment is a much safer learning experience, the problem is these people aren;t LEARNING!!! I think they need to seperate the course a bit, likeI know there are intermediate and expert courses, but they don't get you anything as far as aiding in the license process. They should have 2 begginer courses, one for complete, never-touched-a-bike-before amateurs, and one for people who know how to ride. becauseI was definately looking forward to learning some stuff. but when the coaches have to focus on how to use a clutch for an hour.I don't get much out of it.

Search this Thread