Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The tire caused me to wheelie

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011 | 06:17 AM
|
Default The tire caused me to wheelie

Its sad that his life was lost but trying to blame a rear tire for this? Come on!

"He no doubt took off too fast, misjudging exactly how much the tire was going to grab,"

You dont buy a tire for it to slip when you hit the gas. What did he think it was gonna do?

Fatal Motorcycle Crash Lake: Man killed while doing stunt on motorcycle - OrlandoSentinel.com

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:27 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

She would have a better chance blaming the clutch.
If your revving it up and dropping the clutch enough to wheelie the only other option is he was trying to do a burnout and the tire grabbed which he is still stunting.
It says he was experienced so its not like a noob on a gixxer not knowing the power.

My guess is he was showing off to Co-workers/Girls and the wifey well definitly not want to say he was showing off for other girls.

Old 05-31-2011 | 07:29 AM

Sounds like he slammed it down too hard... don't see what that has to do with the tire.

Unless that was a new motorcycle, you'd think he would know what kind of power it puts out.... also, nothing to do with the tires. Like you said, if you bought new tires and they didn't have any traction, that would be a whole new set of problems.

How does his wife know he wasn't trying to stunt? Either he didn't die right away and told her that or he had been doing uncontrolled wheelies for some time (and blaming it on the tire)... Either way, this dude doesn't sound too experienced to me....

Old 05-31-2011 | 08:04 AM

Let that man rest in peace.....

If he was alive then feel free to "judge". This guy is dead and his wife is in a lot of pain. Very disrespectful....

Old 05-31-2011 | 08:13 AM
|

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Let that man rest in peace.....

If he was alive then feel free to "judge". This guy is dead and his wife is in a lot of pain. Very disrespectful....
I meant no disrespect towards him or his family. Just saying that the reasoning used is BS.

Its not the motorcycles fault he was doing a wheelie. His poor choice affected everyone around him. This is just a reminder.

Old 05-31-2011 | 09:18 AM

And this is why we use dampeners, because headshake is a bitch.

Old 05-31-2011 | 09:27 AM

Sorry, I'm going to agree with (and I can't believe I'm going to say this) txsmainevent and say in this particular case it's not appropriate to try and say he was wrong.

He's not here to defend himself.

Old 05-31-2011 | 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
I meant no disrespect towards him or his family. Just saying that the reasoning used is BS.

Its not the motorcycles fault he was doing a wheelie. His poor choice affected everyone around him. This is just a reminder.
+1000000000000000000000000

If we can't talk about the mistakes of riders who pass before us and learn from them...then we're bound to make the same mistakes.

Old 05-31-2011 | 10:27 AM

I don't agree with judging the guy because he's not here to say what happened... But I'm not going to stop the discussion either.

The chances of a tire causing a wheelie are almost nil but I write that off to the wife being a motorcycle n00b. Other malfunctions, like the throttle sticking is a possibility tho. We'll never know without the rider's side. The bike will be useless for forensics.

Old 05-31-2011 | 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Sorry, I'm going to agree with (and I can't believe I'm going to say this) txsmainevent and say in this particular case it's not appropriate to try and say he was wrong.

He's not here to defend himself.

Quick Reply: The tire caused me to wheelie