Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tips for a successful relationship...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tips for a successful relationship...

[ul][*]"Take a moment to step back and asess how important it is to "win" an argument. My wife and I used to get into HUGE arguments about her never putting the toilet seat down and how mad I got that I had to always remind her. Finally, one day I looked at the seat, was about to start yelling, but paused... looked again, reached out with my hand, and put the seat down. In 2 seconds I'd fixed what bugged me, there was no 30 minute (or more) fight, nothing. It was fine, and such an easy fix that it was just stupid. I've learned alot from that."[/ul]
Lrn2Go, what's this about HERnever putting the seat down?? Is there something you're not tell us???Lrn2Go, what's this about HERnever putting the seat down?? Is there something you're not tell us???

Old 02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

When arguing, never look them in the eye. It makesthem angry. Women are like gorillas in that sense.
haha omg Fryer.......i seriously busted out laughing at this one. thanks for the laugh.......

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 AM

I don't look at my girl in the eyes when shes mad either !! screw that, you can't win that way.. it's impossible. It's usually not even about winning, just making sure the anger isn't focus on me. We don't fight (get loud), and thats good. If you get into a verbal fight try not to get louder, stay calm, talk. I hate seeing couples yell at each other, they get so worked up they are screaming.

Good sex, lots of it. Do anything she wants plus some.

Never stop kissing her, rubbing her, taking her on dates, acting like a young couple. Give her massages often, with lotion sometimes. They like that. And never stop complimenting her. When you first met her, you were probably telling her how good she looks and nice that *** is. Just because you've told her 10000 times in the past, does not mean she doesn't want to hear it again today !!!

And whats with the dude wanting the seat down ? I like it up... but i've never argued about it, i just put it where i want.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:55 AM

Dont date American Girls. They are nothing but flaming piles of crap.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:13 AM

guys my wife and i are doing good, but the reminders are great tips.

+1 on the fact its always about the little things that add up.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

Dont date American Girls. They are nothing but flaming piles of crap.

I'd say this is 80-90% true. That 10-20% is hard to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zQ2...eature=related

"GET THE JELLY, ****!"

Old 02-16-2008, 10:05 AM

Like Aunt May said to Peter Parker in SpiderMan3 "Always put your wifes needs before your's"

Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread should be censored with one of those nipple cover up thingies .. I'm offended and find this thread prejudiced against single people [8D] ... but once I asked a friend who had been very happily married over 25 years of extremely what their key to success was and I liked his response:

He said there's no simple answer, there's a lot to it but if I had to sum it up in a short way I would say it has to do with a "variation" on the old "compromise" thing. He said most people think one of the keys to a successful relationship is that you have to learn to compromise and that it should be 50/50 give and take. He said, for us it goes way beyond that, he said whether it's a big issue or some small mundane daily task I always go way out of my way to make life easier for her, many times the small day to day stuff can be more important then the big stuff. Take something so mundane as taking out the trash or washing the dishes; when I come home from work sure I'm tired and want to relax but the first thing I do is go do the chores before she comes home. I do this not because I don't want her complaining or have ulterior motives and want something in return but because I truly don't want her to have to do it and want her to be happy. But the thing is she feels the EXACT same way and does similar things without anyone keeping track. He said what it boils down to and what I'm saying is this: the 50/50 stuff does NOT work ... you have to feel like you want to give 90% for every 10% she gives and it's something you shouldn't have to think about, you either feel that way or you don't there's no "trying". But here's the catch; it only works if she feels exactly the same and strives for 90/10 her way.

I've been around both of them long enough to know he wasn't blowing sunshine up my *** and giving me some cutesy quotable line, but that they both actually live their lives that way on a daily basis.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 PM

Tell her this, I have only been wrong once in my life and i found out 2 weeks later i was right about that. Watch her face and see if she dont cuss like a sailor.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:07 PM

Im doomed![&:]
But on the up side I win 90% of our fights!

Quick Reply: Tips for a successful relationship...