Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tips for a successful relationship...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for a successful relationship...

There are things that make a relationship work, and I am no pro. Here are the things that I can think of (even though I may not follow them on a regular basis). What are the things that make your relationship work, or what are the things you know to be tried and true. We can all use a little help...

[ul][*]The "little" things are key. I can think of simple things I used to do, like: write love notes, leave fresh towels for herwhenshe comes home from her night shift, send random flowers (for no apparent reason), kiss with no expectations, etc.[*]ALWAYS bring home the tupperware[*]Realize there is no fight I want to win...not worth it...[*]Kill all the spiders in the house at a moments notice[*]Take out the trash[*]Tell her she ispurdy[*]Listen to her...without trying to "solve" her problem[/ul]

What do you have, guys? Post 'em up...

Old 02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: Tips for a successful relationship...

Space, she needs hers and i need mine sometimes, you cant do EVERYTHING together. We both realize it and can tell when we need some alone time, that helps us tons.

Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ask how their day was.

LISTEN to them........sometimes they dont want a response....just a set of ears.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
VP

I am not the best guy for this one lol

Old 02-15-2008, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I am not the best guy for this one lol
+1 I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one...

Old 02-15-2008, 11:57 PM

Lay the Pipe like a Master Plumber...

Old 02-16-2008, 12:55 AM

Here's some things that help me and the wifey... [ul][*]Never let someone storm away in anger. We all need our space, but leaving in a vehicle or taking off in the dark isn't good.[*]Look her in the eyes and tell her how pretty they are.[*]After she gets out of the shower, walk in to just say "hi". Hold her in her towel with you both looking into the mirror at each other. Make nice comments about how soft her skin is or how nice her hair smells.[*]Incase you haven't gotten it yet... just complement her. Not hollow words, but if you look at her and think "Wow, her *** sure does look good in those pants". Say that out loud. She'll dig it![*]When you're mad, take 1-2 seconds longer to respond than you normally would. This will give you time to re-think hurtfull wording and prevent "digs" at one another.[*]Take a moment to step back and asess how important it is to "win" an argument. My wife and I used to get into HUGE arguments about her never putting the toilet seat down and how mad I got that I had to always remind her. Finally, one day I looked at the seat, was about to start yelling, but paused... looked again, reached out with my hand, and put the seat down. In 2 seconds I'd fixed what bugged me, there was no 30 minute (or more) fight, nothing. It was fine, and such an easy fix that it was just stupid. I've learned alot from that.[*]Give her a back rub/foot rub for no reason. "Just because I thought you'd like one"[*]+1 to the small things for no reason (Like a post-it note on the mirror saying you love her)[*]+1 kisses and cuddling touch that isn't sexual or have that as an eventual goal[*]Don't ever go to bed angry.[*]Make sure that she knows that if she ever needs you, come Hell or High Water, NOTHING will stop you from being there for her. [ul][*]Back it up like a real man if she calls you on it and really needs you![/ul][*]Never EVER make her worry or feel like you would strike her. (Unless she's the type that will pummel you, then you better stand your own ground or get out!)[ul][*]Obviously... don't ever actually do it. [:@][/ul][/ul]There's a few things from my book.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 AM
Banned

When arguing, never look them in the eye. It makesthem angry. Women are like gorillas in that sense.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be really good at, and 100% willing to go "downtown"

Old 02-16-2008, 05:48 AM

Realize when she is pissed , there is nothing you can say or do to make it right!
Sometimes they just like to be Mad! and...... 99.9% of the time it's your fault anyway!

Quick Reply: Tips for a successful relationship...