Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ticket trouble

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket trouble

OK, so I bought my 07 600RR (Blue/Silver) at the end of March. I'm absolutely in love with it. But here's my problem: I went out for a Friday night ride after work, midnightish, and a couple of guys in a red truck were beside me. Thus far, no problem, but we're getting down the highway and they start swerving toward me and pacing me. I slow, they slow, etc. This is in June and I'm still a newbie rider with a kick a$$ ride. So at that point I gave it a flick of the wrist and got away from him because it was really uncomfortable for me. So here comes the boys in blue and I get a ticket from a stater for 85 in a 60. I tell him about the truck, and he replies: "I didn't see a red truck." I got to court next week and would really not have this huge ticket on my insurance. Any ideas/help?

Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Default RE: Ticket trouble

Tell the judge exactly what you told us. The cops were asses and just wanted to ticket you. If this first attempt doesn't work with the judge then appeal the judges decision. Do not give up. Take the time off of work 1,2,3 times if you have to. Perserverance often pays. If it doesn't then at least you tried. If it is extremely important to you that you beat this ticket then hire a lawyer. But, if you don't want to go through this often times the courts will let you defer the ticket (no offense on your record) and have you pay the fine only and you are admitting you are guilty of this offense. This will take the ticket off your record but if you get a ticket in the next three years both offenses will be placed on your record. This deferring tickets is used in Washington, possibly not in your state.

Good Luck.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:43 PM

Thanks, I'm from the Seattle area, but am stationed in North Texas. Court date is the 30th, so we'll see. The deferment idea is a good one. I'll keep it in mind.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Sorry, but it sounds like your screwed. Best bet is to keep pleaing not guilty.

Old 08-24-2007, 03:20 PM

im from oklahoma and have ridden in TX for a while.. your F U C % E D b/c Texas cops are redneck militant ******!....

Enjoy!

Zac

Old 08-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

when you go before the comisioner and he/she asks you how do you plead tell them that you plead guilty with explanation(reason) at this point either they will hear what you have to say or you will go see a ADA (assistant district attorney) and explain to them what happened. at this point you will be able to work out a deal with the ada and possibly get the ticket reduced down to a basic speeding charge (1-10 mph over) and they could allow you to just take traffic school and keep it off your record.

*note* this is an example of what could happen here in CA i dont know how the texas legal system works but just be honest you were speeding but you had a reasonable excuse .. the pickup was operating in a manner that you demened unsafe to stay next too so you felt it necessary to moveto a safe position.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM

I believe you about the truck.

The judge though will believe the cops...you'll either get deferment and a nice fat fine, defensive driving, or the electric chair.

If you can afford it, get a lawyer...and next time try and get a plate number.

O/T...

I recently got a ticket for passing on the shoulder, and no visible inspection.

The cop was cool enough to let the shoulder as a warning, and the inspection thing was a $10 fix it ticket.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 AM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

The cop was cool enough to let the shoulder as a warning, and the inspection thing was a $10 fix it ticket.
$10 bucks?! That's it?!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM

In MN you can "defer" tickets, keep 'm off your record if within a year or so you don't get another. Just like someone posted earlier above. All you do is go in and say you want to see someone about the ticket.

Sit, wait, hi, hello, so and so, just keep it off my record, can you reduce the amount, thanks, bye, 15minutes....waiting for the Hi, hello, part can be up to 2hours.

They really don't care, they will keep it off your record and sometimes reduce the ticket amount, they just want you to pay something.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

$10 bucks?! That's it?!
Well, I had to go to the municipal court, show them the inspection proof, and affix the tag on the bike.

With me doing all this work, they felt the need to charge me $10 for "administrative fees".

I got off light.

Seriously, if you think the law these days is about anything other than generating revenue...you are walking in the dark bro.

Quick Reply: Ticket trouble