Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ticket for cornering too low

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ticket for cornering too low

i was out riding today and there are a few really nice corners on the city street thats you can just hook and corner like your on rails. it made me wonder if anyone has ever gotten a ticket for leaning too far in a turn ? i didnt know if it could be deemed unsafe or reckless behavior ? i would hope not but i wouldnt be suprised. i can understand if you are going to fast through the turn and you get a ticket for that but im curious about the actual leaning over part.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Banned
Default RE: ticket for cornering too low

Makes me think it wouldn't do much more than cause more attention... ? Seems like to get low enough to get so far over as to draw attention you'd already be drawing attention from your speed... I dunno.

Would be a bittersweet ticket, lol

Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 AM

Never heard of anyone getting it before... but it would be a cool story =]

Old 05-08-2008, 06:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Only if they're pushing it this hard Havoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1EN-LMHb4

Old 05-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

That would be a silly ticket that, if ever given to me, I would fight the hell out of.

Reminds me of a ticket my friend got in high school for "accelerating too hard." He didn't go above the speed limit, he just apparently used too much throttle to get there. My natural response to the cop would have been "What is the acceleration limit sir?"

Old 05-08-2008, 07:38 AM
RCR

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

That would be a silly ticket that, if ever given to me, I would fight the hell out of.

Reminds me of a ticket my friend got in high school for "accelerating too hard." He didn't go above the speed limit, he just apparently used too much throttle to get there. My natural response to the cop would have been "What is the acceleration limit sir?"
I got one of those tickets back in the day, It was called "Exhabition of speed" I took off from a stop light like I was racing without burning off and let off the gas before I hit the speed limit(it was more like a launch only).That one cost me 2 points[:@]after the judge agreed with the officer. I thought it was a joke at first.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 AM

ORIGINAL: RCR

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

I got one of those tickets back in the day, It was called "Exhabition of speed" I took off from a stop light like I was racing without burning off and let off the gas before I hit the speed limit(it was more like a launch only).That one cost me 2 points[:@]after the judge agreed with the officer. I thought it was a joke at first.
Yep! I got a "Exhabition of power and speed" as the ticket read. Bastard cop lol

Old 05-08-2008, 07:48 AM

I've heard you can get a reckless driving ticket for touching a knee down, but thats about it.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:49 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Only if they're pushing it this hard Havoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1EN-LMHb4
Now that is getting low on the street. I like the one where the guys came out of the turn and into a wheelie.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 AM

Most curves have a posted speed limit that'slower thanthe limit on the straight aways. If you're leaning a great deal in the turn, you must have the momentum to carry you through the turn without tipping over, i.e. you're speeding. So technically, yes, you could get pulled over for leaning too far, but it would actually be a speeding ticket.

Quick Reply: ticket for cornering too low