Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Hate/Despise/Loathe people that.

I think a lot of those Harley riders that are at the bar all the time ride better after a few beers. I'm assuming they are mostly life time alcoholics and have the shakes when they ride sober, nothing like a few drinks to clam their nerves...ya dig?

Completely hypothetical, but logical, Batman.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:49 PM

my gf and I went up to the local sportsbar the othernight for a few drinks and something to eat, upon leaving a guy on an R6 rode in with a cruiser guy in tow. college town so both were younger guys...R6'er had the usual, gloves, t-shirt, helmet, jeans, not horrible but not great either, not going to jump on him seeing as how the bar is not even a mile from campus, who knows maybe he's fully geared when going for those longer rides, idk. all(except for the *****) of us are guilty of those really short helmet/gloves rides. the cruiser guy had on a t-shirt jeans, safety glasses and a bandana. she said something to me that, in a nutshell defines WHY the cruiser crowd never wears helmets. she said:
"This is terrible but for some weird reason the guy on the cruiser just wouldn't look right if he had a helmet on like the other guy, the guy on the sportbike looks good with a helmet and maybe it's just that no harley guys wear helmets that the image has a helmetless look attached to it."
She didn't condone it and we both agreed that it's sad that it's gone this far so that people who get a cruiser, even if it's switching from full geared out sportbike rider to the middle-age crisis harley crowd, they all ditch their gear, I've seen it myself. Sad. Definitely can sense the totally different kinds of "biker mentality." Some like riding in general, others just like the idea of riding.

An old roomate ran into me the other day as I was getting on my bike, helmet and jacket ready to go on and he started talking about how he had 2 cbrs but had to sell em to pay for his DUIs and that he could ride wheelies up and down the street, the key thing he said to me as I put my helmet on was "why the **** are you wearing a helmet?" I couldn't believe it and simply said it's stupid not to but no amount of convincing would have changed his mind on the matter. Oh well, growing up I always thought it was a lot cooler to see some guy on a sportbike with an awesome helmet and mirrored sheild over the flip-flops and board shorts look.

Personally I think they want to be seen on their bike and then when they are out and about to be recognized. They don't like the anonymity that goes with putting on a helmet I guess. When they get splattered all over the road they aren't going to get my sympathies. Finally, gotta love those sportbike manufactuer label splattered all over jackets on guys wearing shorts and no helmet lmao.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Registered Users

just on a side another thing that always just irks me...

the jackasses i see flying on the highway or even on streets with NO helmet....BUT...their helmet IS attached to the hanger off the rear of the bike...so they have it with them, not wearing it...but have to show it off because it's bling...riddle me that batman!!!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:12 PM

^^It's a $500 frame slider, but for only one side. The TRUE ballers have TWO helmets hangin'...^^

Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: jfunkRR

^^It's a $500 frame slider, but for only one side. The TRUE ballers have TWO helmets hangin'...^^
lol...i guess I feel more comfortable and alert with a helmet. Like when I put it on its time to concentrate on not getting killed by someone not paying attention. I guess it just zones me in on what im doing and knock on wood its worked so far.

Sorry bout the gays comment, i just got back from sturgis a couple weeks ago so their **** talking is still fresh in my mind lol

speaking of which the only people who waved to me out there were others on sportbikes

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM

my buddy just bought a 09 R6s, he rode it out of the dealership with no lic's/temps, no insurance...oh but they did make him wear a helmet....he wears gear but he still doesnt have his temps, but he did get insurance

and I have saw PLENTY of idiots on hondas, PLENTY its not just one group its all...harleys included....it goes the same when just driving cars, you have TONS of idiots out there that dont need to drive...its part of life....

Old 08-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator

The only time I really get upset with a "gearless" rider is when I see a child on the back of ANY bike with flip flops/tennies, t-shirt, and dirtbike gloves. If an individual wants to make a decision to ride without appropriate gear, that is his/her choice. If an individual includes their child in that decision, I think that person can go get F_CKED!!! I have a 12 year old daughter that I have onlyridden once (with full gear...helmet, gloves, boots, jacket, long pants) at about 30 mph through an arguably simple route (no traffic). There are many rules in place to have a child in a car (weight, age, child seat, etc.), but I can't think of similar rules when it comes to riding two up with that same child.

Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 AM

i think better with a helmet on. like all other things are left outside of the helmet and only my thoughts and focus exist. maybe i should wear it in the office

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Banned

She didn't condone it and we both agreed that it's sad that it's gone this far so that people who get a cruiser, even if it's switching from full geared out sportbike rider to the middle-age crisis harley crowd, they all ditch their gear
I see it all the time too, but, for the most part, sportbike riders tend to ride more aggressive (youth?, attitude?, sportbikes are fun)and do much more dumb things on their bikesthan cruiser guys. Maybe that is the part that balances out the gear situation in the minds of a cruiser rider; for the most part, I can almost agree that a smart, attentive, well behaved, paranoid,helmetless rider (on any bike)is safer than many fully gearedmaniac on a sportbike. Like many things, the brain is underestimated as a tool for self preservation.

But on a side note, cruiser riders definitely drink booze more when riding than sportbike guys so maybe the crap I just wrote is meaningless...nevermind.

Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahhh...gotta love that whole false sense of security thing. Kind of like having a fence at the Grand Canyon. People will most likely lean over the edge more if they have a fence to lean on.

Quick Reply: Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!