Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I Hate/Despise/Loathe people that.

*****...skin crayon. I can't believe how many riders there are in Lima, Ohio that I see without gear. Before I moved down here I started a thread about bikers choice. After reading some of your responses to that and seeing how bad it really is in a helmetless state I changed my mind. I no longer support bikers choice...hahaha skin crayon

Old 08-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this HAS been beat to death, and sparks little arguements........but anyways.....

i hate it aswell, when i see people that dont wear gear, i think of them as newbies or people who havent been down. now, OF COURSE this A) is my opinion, and B) not always the case......but i've seen gear work from me TWICE now. the last time i could be in a wheelchair right now had it not been for not only my leather jacket, but the arerodynamic back hump on the jacket!!!! had it not been there, i would have broke a gigantic wooden guardrail w/ my SPINE! no matter what, 100% of the time i leave my house on my bike i have one a jacket, jeans (when i know im riding hard/backroads/long trip i wear my trackday leather pants), long gloves, and over the ankle steeltoe boots (and when im wearing the leather pants i throw on the A* boots too). i know, its all personal preference and people who dont wear it dont want people preaching to them about it. all im saying is...........once you've SEEN it do its job, its hard not to wear it.

Old 08-26-2008, 05:45 PM

^^+1million

Old 08-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see just as many Honda riders without gear, fact. I have that open minded thing going for me.

I wear a leather jacket even if it's 105 outside and yes, i ride when it's that hot. Full gauntlet leather gloves and Dainese riding boots. Always have a helmet and at least riding jeans.

What people wear is their business and I refuse to judge them for it. If they want to go on our group rides they must gear up, or they can ride elsewhere...freedom of choice there babeeee.

I do however judge idiots that stunt in public, do EXCESSIVE speed in public and post threads about how fukking cool they are doing it. They endanger others and look like fo0king morons doing it. fact again.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM

As long we don't have socialized healthcare I don't mind letting natural selection take place...

Old 08-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Just made a trip from phoenix az to central TX. In leathers. Those textiles are looking awefully sexy right now. 115 degrees in phoenix.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Gibson19

As long we don't have socialized healthcare I don't mind letting natural selection take place...
The only problem with your logic is that the kind of people that have the mentality to stunt in public roads, or not wear gear at all; are usualy the same kind of people that WILL claim unemployment/ disability when they fvc< themselves up by their own doing.

It also raises our insurance premiums. So to a certain extent we do have the seeds of socialized medicine...

Old 08-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a leather jacket. I only have leather steel toed boots and gauntlets. My Jacket is textile and so far has withstood two minor spills with nothing but minor scuffing. I always wear Jeans and a lid (except once moving up in line at the Honda service center).

I've given up shaking my head at the others. I was at the dentist last week and the dental assistant said she saw me near my work the prior Friday (40 miles away) when she was with her husband. Her husband told her that I was smart for wearing my gear. He apparently fractured a rib when he slammed into his handlebars on his dirt bike and has worn a chest protector ever since.

The husband of a hair salon says that he always wears his lid now that he got screwed up in an accident. He was wearing shorts and t/tank top at the time, too (and the scars to show it).

Old 08-26-2008, 08:34 PM

I honestly despise squids and those who refuse to wear gear. I dont care why they dont, but I get really irritated by that. people who build a bike strictly for show IMO are lame as well. the worst though are the idiots that are going 20-30 over the limit, weaving in and out of traffic like morons, gear or not that is my least favorite thing ever.

I'm out all the freakin time riding as responsibly as possible in 2pc suit with my lid regardless of the temperature, day or mood. police tend to let me slide due to this for some reason.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:49 PM

I was looking for a nice squid pic to put up here, and found a few...but nothing beat this:

Name:  squidsex.png
Views: 19
Size:  16.0 KB

Quick Reply: Thread of 'I Hate/Despise/Loathe...' Glory!