Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

To those who crashed before

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Do you feel comfortable riding the same bike? It's not your equipment's fault that you crashed, but replace whatever makes you feel uncomfortable.

I still wear mine. After the first ride that i wore it and didn't crash, the bad thoughts were gone.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 74demon
Do you feel comfortable riding the same bike?
Yeah, I think it's because I didn't see it at the accident. First time since I saw it on that morning when I got on, I had new wheels put on. I saw the picture and I saw the damaged rim. But those things are not connecting to my bike for some reason. Maybe it is the same reason that I have no feeling towards the guy who hit me cuz he never came out from his truck so I have no idea how he looks.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

IMO, you don't want to relive it but you certainly don't want to forget. Every time on the bike is a learning experience , learn from it, move on and be a better rider.

As long as there's no safety issue or cosmetic damage you can't live with, I don't see any reason to replace it.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My insurance company let me keep my jacket. If it weren't for the damage I'd wear it now.

The jacket is lucky now

Old 06-17-2012, 06:18 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Well, maybe I am superstitious. This is the second time and there was nothing I could do to avoid it. First time was also someone started to make left turn behind the van and when I passed the van, I saw him moving into my lane and he stopped but by then I already swerved and stupidly put the front brake on. I had no injury from that. And I am thinking it got escalated second time. They replaced the helmet but I had to get a same kind so pretty much everything was same. I didn't think of getting rid of the jacket back then.

You can call me crazy but after reading some of the posts, I decided I am getting rid of that jacket. Since I got the different kind helmet, I was already getting ride of helmet accessories and other jackets that I was not using anymore. So just add to the list of things to get rid of

Zagwart6, I am not forgetting and I am not trying to push what happened away. I learn from my excperiences pretty well. I just don't wanna have flashback and knots in my stomach

Old 06-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Nov 2011 ROTM

Well you gotta do whatever you think is best for you.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a leather jacket that I slide down the road in. I thought it made me look cool with all the rash marks. In my head I thought people were looking at me and I was thinking,"That's right, I'm cool". I out grew it and had to get a new plain jacket without the cool guy marks. I somehow felt demoted.

Maybe I think differently but I would love that jacket of yours. It's your friend now. It was there for you. Maybe if it were all marred up and it made you look tough you'd feel different about it.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:20 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Thanks. You helped me make up my mine
Truth is, not everyone can get back on the saddle only few months after accident. Takes alot of courage....but your mind will play tricks on you here & there until you over come it. If it means to get better gear, better bike (IDK) what ever works that makes you feel comfort...do it.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:29 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was hurt pretty bad the time I crashed. My F1 slide about 100 ft or so....I tumble towards the opposite traffic and nearly hit the curb. My new Nolan helmet was all mess up....just jeans & shirt (I know, stupid )......bike was mess up & sold it for $600

stopped riding for 10 months, then got a Yamaha FZR600....was tentative at first but then I added gears...ATGATT....felt better. Now I ride like every cars out there is going after me. Just 2 weeks ago, a mini cooper was going wrong way heads on towards me in my lane.....

Old 06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
August 2011 ROTM

My body won't be ready to ride for few more months. When I can carry 40# dog food bag, I think my wirst will be able to handle the bike just because when I get off, I need to hold the bike with left hand because of my height and how my bike is leaned over with custom bent kickstand. I am looking at Sept to be the earliest I can ride. I wil probably be on passenger seat until then. I might feel deferent once I get my bike back and go down the garage and play with it.

I am still getting the new jacket but I might keep the old jacket and The another reason behind this decision is that black leather jacket is sort of "stiff". I wore that one for long time and loved it but if I ever wore other jacket and went back to that one, I feel my arm movement is restricted in that jacket. After few days of using it, I get used to and feel ok. So now with my stiff arm, it might be hard to put on and take it off.

Speaking of other gears, I always wore Alpinestars SMX2 and I feel good about the extra side plastic pieces. My feet don't feel protected in any other riding shoes. ATGATT is def the way to go

Quick Reply: To those who crashed before