Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

things are going down hill

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default things are going down hill

so i do HVAC work. all the HVAC co's in my area are laying people off. my boss layed off two workers yesterday. my department is slowing down drastically, as it hasnt been really hot or really cold (obviously).....so people arent using their equipment as much....so they arent having any problems. im not TOO worried, i've worked there for 6yrs now and im prob. THE most reliable employee there. but still sucks that it is a possibility.

then, found out today my health insurance through work is going up once AGAIN. It just went up a few months ago and is now going up another $30 a month (i know thats not alot, but when they keep raising this **** every few months, its gonna add up).

just annoyed, everything is expensive as ****, everything has gone up.......my pay miraculously hasnt .

times are tuff........tiiiiiiiimes are tuff.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Default RE: things are going down hill

[&o]anyone wanna buy a rashed '01 F4i and a '08 RR? lol

Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 PM
RCR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jaynd

found out today my health insurance through work is going up once AGAIN. It just went up a few months ago and is now going up another $30 a month (i know thats not alot, but when they keep raising this **** every few months, its gonna add up).
Probably had to pay for someones bike accident and it raised the rates... Wonder who that was?

Old 09-18-2008, 09:39 PM

its the health insurance through the whole co.

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][X(][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

im reading between your lines RCR [X(]

Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I know how you feel Jay. Im an auto tech, and with all the price crunches people are not fixing their cars either. We are down almost 100% from last year and the year before at this time. Same as you, everything is more expensive, and im making less money. I put my bike on craigslist and for sale here last nite. I cant keep up anymore.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:39 PM

Were having the same problem at our place too. I install hardwood floors n such and our work has dwindled down alot.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:18 AM

TK, are you serious? man i'd hate to see you lose that bike. sorry to hear that.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:36 AM

It could be a lot worse man. I live in Michigan, which I believe is the new worst place in the US to live if you want a job.

I lost my job in late July due to our facility closing andmoving to Mexico. The only good thing is I am going back to college to train in a different field other than automotive and its getting paid for by the good ol government. It still sucks though. I was there 13 years and was making really good money at a job I really liked. ya know, the kind of job where you dont mind waking up in the morning it go to work. Luckily, my wife only worked part time one day a week before this happened, now she is full time and we are gonna be fine for awhile. But, I have a sinking feeling once I get my new degree, we'll be moving to find work.

But like I said, it could be a lot worse. And, I'm sure it will be worse before it gets better.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in a similar sinking ship. I have to work 3 jobs (2 full and 1 part) to squeak by at the end of every month. I have very little pay, no health insurance, no 401k, and no vacation... yes I know... my employers are REALLY f***n me in the a$$ without a reach around. There are a couple of really frustrating things about me situation: 1. I have nothing to show for all my hard work i.e., bank account is not getting bigger, no saving account, notta thing. 2. I have two bachelor degrees and I am unable to get 1 job that pays well enough to live off of. Ehhh... I cant wait to go into the PM office and tell her to take this job and shove it. Ive been thinking about looking for jobs over in Europe... maybe things are a little better on the other side of the pond?
By the way, it wouldnt do me any good to sell my bike because I really couldnt get a whole lot out of it anyway , 10+ years old and high mileage ($2500 maybe).

Old 09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Banned

I feel your pain...I had to worry about my job being crunched for about 6 months as we awaited for our government contract to be renewed. Well it finally got signed for a 3-year extension 2 weeks ago, but 2 of the 8 positions got cut. Luckily, I was not one of the ones to get chopped.

Quick Reply: things are going down hill