Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

in these times...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: in these times...

i cant sell mine even if i needed to. its my daily transportation and its cheaper than anything else i could get (as far as four wheels would go)

Old 09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am filing bankruptcy... guess what. i get to keep it ALLL

Old 09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ well that is SUPPOSED to suck, right? doesnt it take a long *** time to get your good credit back? not being an ***, just in the dark on bankruptcy.

Old 09-20-2008, 12:52 AM

My parents didn't call me Evel Knievel for nothing. I'll never sell my bikes. I was even thinking of getting an MV Agusta recently, I could get one for pretty cheap, but I need to save money to move eventually. Plus I have plenty of upgrades to do and lots of riding to catch up on also.

Good topic Jaynd. For all you guys thinking of selling your bikes, I hope things work out for you and hopefully you can find another bike a few years down the line.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:38 AM

I've had to sell bikes for various financial reasons over the years and it's never easy. Especially when you don't have another lined up to take it's place.

If it came down to providing for my daughter or keeping the bike, the choice is obvious, the bike will go. But, I'll get another one as soon as I could. I can't sell the cage because I need it for work and taking my daughter around. She's only 2 and half, so a little to young to be on the back. I did take her for a ride on Dad's Harley when she was 5 months old though. Put her in one of those strap on baby carriers and around the block we went. Hopefully she'll want to ride when she gets older, that way I'll have an excuse to buy more bikes.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kamikaze2899

I've had to sell bikes for various financial reasons over the years and it's never easy. Especially when you don't have another lined up to take it's place.

If it came down to providing for my daughter or keeping the bike, the choice is obvious, the bike will go. But, I'll get another one as soon as I could. I can't sell the cage because I need it for work and taking my daughter around. She's only 2 and half, so a little to young to be on the back. I did take her for a ride on Dad's Harley when she was 5 months old though. Put her in one of those strap on baby carriers and around the block we went. Hopefully she'll want to ride when she gets older, that way I'll have an excuse to buy more bikes.
kamikaze2899, I think you have basically summarized why a huge percentage of people have to sell their bikes, does not make mean that they don't love riding. I've been lucky in my 40 years of bikes, with only brief stints between bikes (once was when I was a bike courier) so I was getting my fix anyway & the other I sold so I could pay for my wedding (2nd one).
But life occasionally kicks you in the nuts & you have to do wot you have to do.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:55 AM

ORIGINAL: pacemaker

ORIGINAL: kamikaze2899

kamikaze2899, I think you have basically summarized why a huge percentage of people have to sell their bikes, does not make mean that they don't love riding. I've been lucky in my 40 years of bikes, with only brief stints between bikes (once was when I was a bike courier) so I was getting my fix anyway & the other I sold so I could pay for my wedding (2nd one).
But life occasionally kicks you in the nuts & you have to do wot you have to do.

+1

Old 09-20-2008, 03:38 AM

I sold mine after I crashed, wishing I had a bike right now. (but the dude was giving me more than what it was worth in its condition) But I miss the hell out of riding.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: blondiie

So instead of being a responsible or *gasp* accountable adult you'll just take the po0sie way out and raise prices on daily life stuff for the rest of us.

Not impressed

Old 09-20-2008, 05:16 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: blondiie

So instead of being a responsible or *gasp* accountable adult you'll just take the po0sie way out and raise prices on daily life stuff for the rest of us.

Not impressed

effin right man! Like the douchebags on wellfare..pisses me right the hell off. i just wanna go and spit on all of them.

Quick Reply: in these times...