Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thearapy

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thearapy

i dont know about all that. i think therapy would be a great place to get **** that you cant really say off your chest without someone getting offended. i'm sure you can tell your therapist that you dont care for comments at the moment. meds.... i have seen with my own eyes meds bring someone back from way out there land.

my 2 personal favorites for therapy
1 just say **** everything and everyone for a weekend (maybe 3 days) and jump on your bike with nothing but gas money and literally get lost. get outside of your regular routine. maybe take a ride to a near by city and just chill and ride

2 mma leave it all on the mat. guaranteed when you leave a good training your too tired for stress. the next day you have that soreness of accomplishment (the buff walk lol) and by day three you feel friggin on top of the world .

Old 09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Retired Moderator

Nauree,
I have been to counseling a few times in my life. I always thought it was weak to seek out a headshrinker, but that is the wrong opinion. When your car isn't running right, when you need your house painted, when you need concrete poured, when you need business cards, when you needfood prepared for an event, when you need someone killed,you always search for a professional. Psychologists are professionaly trained experts who will give you tools to help you with your problems. An individual can't be expected to know everything, and sometimes we allcould use somehelp. Do what you need to do, and don't feel bad for seeking help. If you feel like rapping, you can always send me a PM. This forum has a lot ofintelligent people with your best interest in mind. You have to know by nowwe are a family here, and I'll bet you can getsome positive feedback here as a starting point.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:34 PM

Just my opinion but in your case, a "how too" course or talking to someone about how they opvercame problems may be better idea. your problems are common ones and people who have come thru the other side are usually very willing to share with you.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:42 PM

oh the shooting range is stress relieving too. not trying to be funny here. usually when i can work through the frustration that causes violent thoughts or actions i can think better.

example: room mate says something disrespectful to your girl friend or mother or something, first reaction from a man is punch him in the face. well you can go punch someone thats paying a monthly fee to get punched in the face. you go shoot off a box or too. now that thats out off your system you can tell your room mate "hey, dont be a douche" and your done.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Idk...I just feel bad cause I ****ed up by not jumping on top of a great opportunity I had and I know why. And its not cause of any physical restraint too.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

cuz of your girl?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:41 PM

what evs nauree opps are had and missed everyday. be happy that you could recognize what an opp is so the next one doesnt pass. some people dont know opp while it's slapping them in the face bro. *hand goes half way up*

Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 PM
VP

I hope it's not too late for you to still be interested in this, but I went to therapy for a few months while I was in college. I had switched schools to get a better education, quit smoking pot every day cold turkey, and just got back together with my girlfriend right before I moved 200 miles away...things couldn't have felt much worse. I was low for a long time...REAL LOW. And one day I just got up the courage to go talk to a counselor on campus. The first lady I talked to really didn't seem interested in helping me, so I asked to speak to someone else the next time and it was the best thing I could have done.

Her name was Amy, and I feel like I wouldn't be here typing this message right now if it weren't for her. I probably owe her my life. I can tell you, all it took was a few weeks of counseling and a few mental exercises to get back on my feet and find my way back into myself.

I have never been the same since those weekly visits. I remember the day I told her I didn't need to go anymore...I cried a whole lot that day (I still don't really know why) but sometimes you just gotta suck it up and take a risk and thank goodness I did because it was the perfect time for me. I ended up finishing school within 4 years with a 3.8 and got my BBA from KSU, found out I wasn't alone in the world, realized exactly who it was I was supposed to be, and got a great job right out of school (which I still have and have been promoted 3 times in 2 years ... I'd say the majority of that just comes from having the right attitude).

PM me if you want to talk more about it, I'll be glad to let you vent as much as you want.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CBR Classic - Rider033 has had significant issues in his life recently, and maybe reading
"I have cried and cried but it doesn't take the pain away" in the off-topic section may give you a different perspective.
Generally, the people most in need of therapy, don't realise it......(including me, a long time ago)
Meds can be even more destructive, long term, than a lack of therapy.
My 2c worth