Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Riding While Texting
Yes -- I text and ride often
2.50%
Yes -- I text and ride rarely
7.50%
Sorta -- Only in emergency
10.00%
No -- I either pull over or do not text at all while riding
20.00%
No -- Phones are meant to be frickin ignored while riding
60.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Texting....While riding

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBR_GreenMonster
No has the right to say that someone is less of a rider... Who chooses these standards? Did god write it down on a peice of paper and send it down? I mean cmon.. If anything, the guy sitting in front of a computer looking for a reason to accuse someone of being less of a rider, is less of a rider.
Everyone is free to form their own opinions , you asked to hear these , can we help it if you don't like the answer?

I'm not trying to belittle you in any way , but I think inside you know it's not a smart thing to do(TXTing on the move) , otherwise you wouldn't ask the question. Take care , ride safe

Old 08-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sould be -1 vote in the "Yes -- I text and ride rarely" because that was my ignorant vote. Was thinkin about that english vid with the girls getting smoked in that lil car. I never text while riding ... kinda have my hands/minds busy you know ... riding and all

Old 08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Default go stand in the corner

Originally Posted by CBR_GreenMonster
Got off easy for a thread like what??? I was just curious. What you think people are just gonna start texting just because this thread? Everybody here is grown up and knows that its dangerous and stupid. What am i gonna get mt account deleted for simple curiosity? Id hope not. Im not trying to come off as a dick. I just dont want to be considered less of a rider because ive done it a couple of times.
I dont quite think every one is a grown up here..(including myself) but here is the example: my freinds think im stupid, but i love to eat a burger and fries while riding, oh i made a handlebar drink holder tho. Come on , i wouldnt want you anywere near me texting while riding. i think you know what i mean. good luck with yourself.

Last edited by bambam; 08-28-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: laghing so hard i spilled my coffee
Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe not God ... but 77% of those voting seem to think it makes you a less safe rider. Hey, you wanted numbers -- I got you numbers
My first thought when I read this thread was: "We need a poll".
Great idea, stretcher... 78% (without NFP's switchvote)

What I don't undertand is the whole "Only in an emergency" option. It's got 2 votes so far, but who is texting in an emergency? Who are they texting? An ambulance? lol...

Last edited by kilgoretrout; 08-28-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Question

I voted no I pull over an respond to the text. Also wanted to vote that the phone should be ignored while riding cause there are times when I ride don't care if she blows up my phone with text's and calls I ignore it till I am done riding.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM

i used to do it more often than i do now, but now i have the palm pre and one, its top heavy with the screen slid up (which u need to do to access the keyboard) and two, theres no way im riskin droppin that phone while moving like i did my old one, lol.

I was goin about 80 down this nice newly paved road and my phone fell out of my pocket, lol, it was like a little hockey puck flyin down the road. the back didnt fall off or anything it just had scratched all over the outside. tough phone

Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM

I watched a freakin idiot riding across the bridge talking on his phone on a sport bike, wearing shorts, T shirt and flip flops, riding in first gear all the way......... weaving........ I worry about humanity......

Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rod38um
I watched a freakin idiot riding across the bridge talking on his phone on a sport bike, wearing shorts, T shirt and flip flops, riding in first gear all the way......... weaving........ I worry about humanity......
People like that make me question Darwinism.

I can barely feel my phone vibrate just sitting in a chair (Blackberries are notorious for only vibrating twice). I can't feel it at all on the bike. Regardless I barely check incoming messages while driving a car any more (usually when stopped at a light) and always pull over if I absolutely have to respond. Considering my work van is bigger than many trucks and alm/ost every SUV, why risk it on something my gf's VW Beetle can eat for breakfast?

And that thing would fill up on half a PopTart

Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 PM

why the hell would you text on a bike while riding? I thought it was retarded to text while driving but you take it to a whole new level

Old 08-31-2009, 11:40 AM

You've got to be a damned fool to text while riding. A damned fool.

You're going to kill yourself head-on with some cage and some poor soul is going to have your death on their conscience when it's really only your own damned fault.

Not @ anyone, to non-specific texting riders.

Quick Reply: Texting....While riding