Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tell me about your close encounters/ crashes if you're comfortable..

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 02:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you read it? He died. There is no way to hear from him unless you can communicate with the dead.
Hangfire it probably took a while to physically recover from your injuries and a while longer to get comfortable on a bike again. Good to hear you continued to ride after the accident. A lot of riders quit when something like that happens.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by ridinthabay408
damnnn thats crazy... so you havent heard from that one guy that wasnt wearin his helmet?
WTF? is this a joke???

Old 04-27-2009, 12:29 PM

probably not a joke, its not nice to say so and so died..I think he figures you would know, by the content and wording..and a hit to the head on a fast bike is not gonna be good without a helmet.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

That's enough guys. Keep this on topic or I will lock this thread.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:55 PM

my baD Hang i just misunderstood what u wrote.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM

#1 Took a corner too fast and lowsided into a ditch, dusted myself off and rode it back home in first gear (shifter broke).

#2 Saw a truck in front of me and grabbed the brakes. Catapulted into a somersault and saw the bike flip over and land on it's side. And it broke the new mirrors I just put on.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:45 PM

Had one incident this year actually, first day I got my bike out on one of the freak warm days we had in late Feb/early March. Had it at my folks place still since it was dead winter when I bought my new house. Was getting ready to ride it home and had to stop and fill up w/some fresh gas & pump up the tires. Pull out of the gas station onto M52 in Chelsea, MI and the first thing to happen when coming up to a corner was some dumb *** high school girl talking on her cell phone was coming down the street and didn't stop, slow down or even look! just whipped her car around the corner right in front of me. I thought for sure I was gonna slam into her car but locked up the rear and slid sideways to within a foot of her damn car. So with my heart racing I followed her up to a light she stopped at, pulled up to her window, knocked on it til she rolled it down and proceeded to chew her up & down! Come on, I'm on a bike, that could have killed me stupid b*tch! So I peeled out of there and went home, rode it to work the next day but haven't touched it since, mainly cause the weather got cold again and just now started warming up but my plates expired in early April so need to take care of that. Just makes me even more cautious about traffic

Old 04-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Very Honorable Most Senior Member :)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which incident? One of the several left-turn-in-front-of-the-bike? Or the jerk that sat a foot of my rear down Main Street, then whipped around the block and swerved head on into my lane toward me when I turned left to get away from him? Or the front end washout when I hit some gravel at an intersection? Or the blue-haired old lady that pulled out to pass a string of four cars as I met the lead car? (I habitually ride far right on two lanes when meeting a string of cars - she missed me by about a foot). The guy in the left lane of a one way who looked straight at me as I rode beside him and swerved right, forcing me to brake hard and head for the curb? That might have been the driver that got a friend of mine a few weeks later, breaking his leg in the resulting crash. Or the idiot drifting into my lane looking out his left window. I moved over to the curb and sped up hoping to get by before he hit me only to find he was watching a classic Chevy coming down a driveway screened by a hedge. Fortunately the Chevy drive spotted the Mustang and hit his brakes as he got to the street. I went between with two or three feet on either side and soiled shorts.

There's forty years of riding in a paragraph or so, with almost all the incidents in the first couple years. Once I figured out how to watch traffic, identify potential hazards, and ride defensively the 'incidents' came much less frequently.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 PM

2x low sides on the street, one at 60mph one at 15mph
1x highside in a lot at 20mph
1x hitting a tree at 30mph in the twisties (the other day)
1x chain snapped at 70mph while on my friend's bike (last night)

Quick Reply: Tell me about your close encounters/ crashes if you're comfortable..