Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

SuperBikes 4 July

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperBikes 4 July

Was it any better tonight for you guys? I didn't think it was bad. The theme seemed to promote more track riding instead of street stunting. I liked how they showed the group earning tickets on the streets and track riders walking away with stories and experience.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:54 AM
Default RE: SuperBikes 4 July

I liked it. I thought it was a nice mix of everything superbikes. With the host doing his first track day and needing to rent a bike, it made the sport seem more approachable. Having the street group be so diverse helped with that too... there's something for everyone in this sport.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:02 AM

damn i missed it tonight. i've been wanting to catch an episode.

Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 AM

I only caught it when they were doing a track day the last 5 minutes of the episode, so it was more promising. I'll catch the re-run later and there had better not be anymore squiding around like last week in the whole episode.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 AM

Yea unfortunately I missed last nights episode, I'll have to catch a re-run as well. However I did record last weeks show and finally got around to watching it over the weekend. I can see what most people were saying - how it kinda gives the sportbike scene a "bad image". Those "East Bay Rats"... well I won't comment! I can honestly say that I only enjoyed a portion of that show... but when I saw the previews for this weeks show (with the track day) I figured I would give it some time to come around.

And let's face it, last weeks show was the truth, like it or not. Cuz for each one of us that practices "safe" riding/stunting, there are dozens that don't really give a damn.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM

It was definitely better. I spoke very harshly about the first episode. The second episode was WAY BETTER. They showed a lot of footage regarding track time and track schools. The other part was a group of riders in So Cal just riding in the canyons.

However, that Jason Britton guy had to go 120 mph on a freeway in traffic and got a ticket and a court date for it. Of course he's laughing and giggling about it in the show. That guy is an idiot. So far he's not represented his sport/profession well at all. They need to get someone else.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Default Britton's tik't

ORIGINAL: kiggy74
However, that Jason Britton guy had to go 120 mph on a freeway in traffic and got a ticket and a court date for it. Of course he's laughing and giggling about it in the show. That guy is an idiot. So far he's not represented his sport/profession well at all. They need to get someone else.
I agree with you to a point and of course Britton can laugh and giggle... he has the money to deal with it. Not to mention he's got sponsors and a television channel that will back him - he is doing exactly what they tell him to do. I would do it too for the right amount of money!

But if you look at it another way - maybe it's a good thing that happened on the show. Here is what I mean: A lot of riders, including myself, ride at speeds that are completely unnecessary. Come on, do we really need to ride at 100+ mph? I think not, but we do it because we can and our bikes are built for that. I personally don't ride that fast in traffic - only on open roads - but 120 is 120 no matter where you are! Anyways my point is that I don't think we realize the consequences of riding that fast (or stunting where we shouldn't). Sometimes it's a good eye opener to see it happen to someone else... maybe people will learn, maybe they won't? But how many posts are on this forum about wrecks and tickets? TONS. And how many people sympathize with those involved? Damn near everyone. So you see, sometimes it's easier to learn from someone elses mistakes or misfortunes.

OK I will step down now!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:54 PM

I didn't see the first EP, but i was impressed with last night's. I liked the track-day experiance and the group ride. What struck me was that they televised the bikes being pulled over and fined. The whole "You play, you Pay" message was heard LOUD and CLEAR. I have a feeling Mr. Britton wont be on the show for very much longer. For a host, he sure does lack a certain aura of professionalism and is a little TOO hypocritical. The show was all about responsibility and how to keep your need for speed under control and to use the track so satisfy it, a quality he lacks. good that they showed it, bad for him.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 PM

the show was to show you the difference between track days and riding on the street. the track day costed him 500$$$$$ and the ticket costed what 150$$. hmmm ... at 350 a weekend for a track day it would be 18,200$$$$$$$$$ for a year. or you could risk a couple of tickets. hahaha ...... well its great that you think jason britton is a idiot because he is more accomplished then all of you guys , not just in riding but everything else. he used to be a champion kick boxer, a expert dirtbike rider, a movie stunt man, and he rides bike for a living so what can you say to that???

http://jasonbritton.com/

Jason Britton grew up in Huntington Beach, California. It was here that he started riding motorcycles at the age of two. While most babies were throwing tantrums on the floor, Britton was already on a bike (without training wheels). By ten, he was BMX racing. At the age of twelve, while his peers were popping pimples, he was popping wheelies and racing moto-cross. Racing wasn’t enough, because one year later, he achieved expert status in the 80 cc class. What does one do after two years of successful racing at the age of sixteen? Move onto street bikes of course.

Now an expert rider, Britton has taken his riding talent and skills in extreme sports to another level—it’s now an art form. He takes on challenging Hollywood stunt roles, doubling for Ice Cube in films such as “Torque,” and stunt work in “Biker Boys.”

Jason still keeps it real. Now a seasoned rider/entertainer, he still finds the time to collect bikes and make extreme videos. His “No Limit” riding style can be seen on many extreme videos such as “Urban Assault”, “All Twisted and Pucked-Up”, “Urban Assault II”,“Get On Up ”, “Revolution Twenty 04”, and soon to be released “Get on Up II”. You can still find him in shows and stunt competitions both locally and nationally, or local bike night.

i am sick of hearing stuff about all the stunters. they make money riding bike do you?? it was not only jason britton going 120 on the freeway they ALL were so dont act like it was only him. if you dont like the way people ride there bike just sell yours and buy something else man... if you never speed on your bike then go buy a goldwing trike.... otherwise shut the hell up and let us ride OUR bikes they way we want to... nobodys says how stupid you ride so you shouldnt say stuff about other people... plus you would never say that **** to jason britton cause he would kill you he aint no small boy...

Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 AM

"the track day costed him 500$$$$$ and the ticket costed what 150$$. hmmm ... at 350 a weekend for a track day it would be 18,200$$$$$$$$$ for a year. or you could risk a couple of tickets.

500 bucks:

300 for bike rental
50 for leathers rental
150 for track-day

He came to the track with NOTHING. No bike, No leathers, nadda. For someone who DOES have a bike, DOES have leathers, it's 150 bucks. I'll take that over the $350 ticket (plus points) thankyouverymuch.

"well its great that you think jason britton is a idiot because he is more accomplished then all of you guys , not just in riding but everything else. he used to be a champion kick boxer, a expert dirtbike rider, a movie stunt man, and he rides bike for a living so what can you say to that??? "

I don't think he's an idiot because he's successful, i think he's an idiot because he lacks the quality that makes sport bike riders different; responsibility. Lead by example.

"they make money riding bike do you??"

No, i don't. I work in advertising. they work in entertainment. I fail to see your point.

"i am sick of hearing stuff about all the stunters.

I'm sick of hearing about stunters too. not just the ones that get paid to do it, but especially the ones who ride around acting retarded in traffic.

"it was not only jason britton going 120 on the freeway they ALL were so dont act like it was only him.

does, "He had to be going 120 to catch up to us" sound like everyone was doing 120? Not to me. If they were, he wouldn't be able to catch up, would he? No.

"nobodys says how stupid you ride so you shouldnt say stuff about other people..."
post-typed by this:
"if you dont like the way people ride there bike just sell yours and buy something else man... if you never speed on your bike then go buy a goldwing trike...."

One word: Hypocrite.

"plus you would never say that **** to jason britton cause he would kill you he aint no small boy... "
He could care less, and so could i.

take a seat fanboy.

Quick Reply: SuperBikes 4 July