Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

stupid people

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid people

So I went to my local Honda dealership today just to check some things out of curiosity. Well needless to say I would never let them work on my bike due to the responses I got to my questions, here is the shake down of how they went.

me: Hi, I need a manual cct for my bike, you probably don't have it but I'm just checking anyway.

some stupid chick who just started and doesn't know anything: Um a what?
me: I need a manual cct for my bike
her: why whats wrong with yours?

(by this time I wanted to say does that really matter? But i didn't and stayed nice... sorta)

me: because the one that came in my bike is a piece of **** and it is broke

(fumbling around a parts catalog, flipping pages and not actually looking at anything particular just trying to make it look like she was looking)

her: no we can't get that
me: oh well that sucks, how about a speedohealer?

(I knew i shouldn't have asked that but against my better judgment I did anyway.)

her: a what?
me: a speedohealer you know when you change a sprocket it messes up the speedo
her: oh umm i don't think we can get that but let me check

(more fumbling around in the catalog not actually looking at anything, then she goes into the break room to ask someone who is apparently supposed to be more knowledgeable than her)

she comes back and says....
her: the service tech says you don't need that because the speed is read from the front wheel

(I blankly stare at her, and she stares back it is a weird few seconds)

Me: who said this?
her: the service tech
me: oh okay then, thanks for your help

Seriously I couldn't believe the fawking morons they have working in these places now a days. I would never take my bike there to be serviced, they might put oil in the gas tank and gas in the oil pan!

Sorry about the long rant I just thought it was ridiculous.

Old 07-07-2009, 11:27 PM

that's why i call before i make the trip down there. haha.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:57 AM
June 2009 ROTM

LOL and I thought it was bad when the new guy at the shop I go to thought I said 160 link chain instead of 116. At least he had the language barrier to blame, the boss still smacked him the the back of the head though

Old 07-08-2009, 02:12 AM

Wait, come to think of it.. If the speed is from the front wheel, what is the point of the speedohealer? My squid is showing

Old 07-08-2009, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Speedemon636
Wait, come to think of it.. If the speed is from the front wheel, what is the point of the speedohealer? My squid is showing
We'll if your not kidding, the speed sensor isn't located on the front well, its on the drive shaft where the front sprocket is located.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speed sensors on a lot of older bikes are on the front wheel but the Modern ones are in the trans.

I drive past two honda dealers to go to Paw Paw honda in MI. One guy there knows his cbr's. If I need something strange I get it from them. I had a guy come look at a 954 I sold and he worked at a Honda dealership. He had no idea what he was doing.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by volcomrr
We'll if your not kidding, the speed sensor isn't located on the front well, its on the drive shaft where the front sprocket is located.
Unless, of course, you have an F2 or older bike... doesn't seem unreasonable, though the guy would have to take into account the bike you have.

Not being able to get a manual CCT... come on.

Old 07-08-2009, 01:46 PM

She told him it was an 03 cbr600rr

Old 07-08-2009, 01:52 PM

You should see what the guys at the dealer did to my carbs when they installed the jetkit. Looked like a 5-year-old put it back together. Stripped screws and everything.

I also watched them use TWO guys and 15 FULL MINUTES to put a tire on a rim and balance it. It was liek the guys thought the machine was going to eat them.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by volcomrr
Oh.. Well I'm used to the ole '91 Kawasaki Ninja speedo set up. It's on the front fork.. I haven't had any gauges on my F3 yet so i didn't know exactly where they hooked up. Thanks for the info