Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Street Fighter Tear Down Starts This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 09:04 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Fighter Tear Down Starts This Weekend

Wish me luck guys

and before i get flamed to death, the plan is to build a "race" inspired fighter

so im still going with the track theme but a hint of fighter look

here are some examples

Name:  duc7E0.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  29.1 KB

Last edited by __Z__; 05-06-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the look of the white bike - but the front end seems unfinished - probably due to no headlight at all, but I'm sure you have a projector beam laying around for that, right?

to me, a streetfighter is all about stance - you get that right, and you're golden. Hell - even harleys look cool if you do em right: (I've been looking at this pic for 2 weeks on my desktop, and just now realized how much difference the blackout section on the front fender makes - I simply didn't see it before.)

Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Love the look of the white bike - but the front end seems unfinished - probably due to no headlight at all, but I'm sure you have a projector beam laying around for that, right?

to me, a streetfighter is all about stance - you get that right, and you're golden. Hell - even harleys look cool if you do em right: (I've been looking at this pic for 2 weeks on my desktop, and just now realized how much difference the blackout section on the front fender makes - I simply didn't see it before.)
thx junky

as for the white one that ALOT like what mine should look like once its wrapped up

but im getting me a bi-xenon hid projector (build in hi and low beam) and making a housing for it, to use for my headlight

should be sick once its done, esp. once winter swings in and i can put on my custom 08 1krr tail

Old 05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

z - trust me bud, its an addiction once you start. are you going to do any sort of fly screen? or are you just going with the lil lights and a bracket for them?

o - and i know you were talking about putting the guages in the tank - i have mine on my triple right now, and even though they are at the perfect angle - its amazing how much i have to look down (taking eyes off the road) to look at them.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
z - trust me bud, its an addiction once you start. are you going to do any sort of fly screen? or are you just going with the lil lights and a bracket for them?
negative on the fly screen bro, just naked up front lol...

as for the LIGHT not lights lol (its hi/low combined in one housing) yea itll just be a bracket that comes off with the headlight attached, im going to try to do it as clean and with as little of a bracket as possible to try and hide it

o - and i know you were talking about putting the guages in the tank - i have mine on my triple right now, and even though they are at the perfect angle - its amazing how much i have to look down (taking eyes off the road) to look at them.
tell ya what i actually am veering away from this now a buddy was going to hook me up with a stunt tank but they wanted 65 for shipping so i said forget that

i have decided that im going to make a bracket that will bolt under the but that holds on the top triple, and go a little towards the tank, i think thatll be cool bc itll swivel opposite the direction im turning, so i wont run the risk of bumping it with my arms or anything

but yea im excited/ a little nervous to start lol...

cleaning up the front end i think will be the biggest challenge, i wanna hid all the lines and everything best i can, i really like that RAW sportbike look up front

Old 05-06-2011, 09:44 AM

Wish Me* luck...

Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM

ya, cleaning up all the wires was really fun for me. i was astounding at how much i got rid of - that never needed to be there in the first place.

are you eventually planning on tracking it? if so - badass man

Old 05-06-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel
Wish Me* luck...
what u smokin

Old 05-06-2011, 09:50 AM

ya, cleaning up all the wires was really fun for me. i was astounding at how much i got rid of - that never needed to be there in the first place.
lol yea i can see it being a challange, after all the wiring ive done up front so far, i know there is a stupid amount of wiring up front lol...

where did you hid more of the wiring just behind the frame?

i realize relocating the ignition, as well as the cluster moves quite a bit around

are you eventually planning on tracking it? if so - badass man

eventually yea ide like to

Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 AM

ya, i ditched the PAIR, and it opened up a hell of a lot of room for all the wiring. plus, i moved a few things like the ignition and i put the BAS in the tail.

Quick Reply: Street Fighter Tear Down Starts This Weekend