Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Strange/Awkward Things You've Transported

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
It sounds like you need a tankbag.
I made a thread about which luggage type stuff should I get and nobody said a whole lot..... haha Don't think I'd want anything too tall on the tank.. Any suggestions?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bungee cords and green bags FTW.

Old 06-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meggers
Strange/Awkward Things You've Transported
A full size car battery in a backpack. HEAVY and the damn thing leaked acid all over my back. I didn't feel it until I got to the auto parts store to exchange it but I felt the burn when I stopped.

Took a shower as soon as I got back home and rinsed off anything the old battery had touched. Somehow, my clothing didn't get any holes from the experience.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:17 AM

I made a thread about which luggage type stuff should I get and nobody said a whole lot..... haha Don't think I'd want anything too tall on the tank.. Any suggestions?
Well it depends on what you (want to) carry... Just a small one for daily items (basically replacing a purse.. or small backpack) or do you want to be able to really carry some stuff if you have to? If the latter, I suggest getting an expandable tankbag like the one shown below (I have a similar looking one in all black):

On mine you can remove the expandable part so it's slightly flatter but I usually keep it on, especially now that I often carry a passenger and have to be able to carry both our stuff. I keep it flat like the larger pic and zip open the expandable part (doubling it's size) when I go get groceries or unexpectedly have to carry more stuff. The downside of the one I have is that it doesn't have any backpack straps on it. Just a single strap that sort of can be used as a shoulder strap (though it's too short and can cut in your skin a bit).

If it's fully packed and I have to carry the helmet and jacket too, it can get a bit heavy and annoying. I should get someone to sew some backpack straps on it.

Icon makes this sweet looking (non expandable) tank bag that can hold a helmet and it also has backpack straps. I haven't seen it in real life and I haven't seen it in stores on this side of the pond but I remember a few people here talking about it. Looks pretty sweet. (Icon Urban tank bag)

Old 06-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

Nothing like seeing the faces when pulling up to the Country club with the golf bag on for a round of golf on the F4i.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:50 PM

Thank you.

I was actually eyeballing that icon bag... I like that it has a map pocket!!! I tried to tape directions on my tank when I went to visit JP and they didn't stay taped very long.. Whoopsie. So yeah, that's very cool. Also like the backpack straps... I probably would never carry my helmet like that... Looks goofy... But if it were hot out, I don't see any reason why you couldn't bundle your jacket up under there... That is pretty nifty. I kinda really like the pink one, but my tank is still red yet and that would clash. All my stuff is neutral colors, but pink is the new black, right? I kinda wanna start emphasizing the girlyness. Hmmmmmm!!

Question.... how do you freakin see over the top of them sh*ts when they're all expanded like that!?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fieldsheer Eiffel 2 bag at motorcycle superstore is only $40 right now, for an extra $4 you can get a tail kit for it. That should solve a bit of the problem, unless you spend a lot of time in reverse... or perhaps you have eyes on the back of your head? I swear some women do!

Anyway... the bag comes apart in sections depending how much crap (read, scissors and other required sharp objects) you are riding with. This would greatly reduce your risk of stab wounds and could possibly lessen your insurance premium. Talk to your agent, if you spin it the right way it might be a win!

Old 06-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Thank you.

I was actually eyeballing that icon bag... I like that it has a map pocket!!! I tried to tape directions on my tank when I went to visit JP and they didn't stay taped very long.. Whoopsie. So yeah, that's very cool. Also like the backpack straps... I probably would never carry my helmet like that... Looks goofy... But if it were hot out, I don't see any reason why you couldn't bundle your jacket up under there... That is pretty nifty. I kinda really like the pink one, but my tank is still red yet and that would clash. All my stuff is neutral colors, but pink is the new black, right? I kinda wanna start emphasizing the girlyness. Hmmmmmm!!

Question.... how do you freakin see over the top of them sh*ts when they're all expanded like that!?
Easy, be tall.

You don't like the red one?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnderAssumedName
I might be quick to say this, but I think your friend won this one.
Not even Close.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 AM

Strangest thing I've ever had to carry? Have to be a friend that I arranged to meet & pillion home. Should have known better as he had just gone on shore leave from the navy & the meet up was at a pub in Circular Quay (Sydney). He seemed to be a little bit worse for wear when I got there, but after having a quick beer with him & leaving the pub, he legs went from under him & then I realised he was paralytic. He was also carrying all his gear in one of those navy (duffel?) bags. Friday night 10:30pm traffic was (still is) a crawl speed, so with his bloody great duffel bag wedged between me & him we set out for the 20 click trip home. To his credit he only managed to fall off twice & we were stopped both those times (ok if you count when he tried to jump into a car with a couple of girls in, it was 3). But even so I had grab him a few times to stop him falling off. He kept everyone in traffic amused by his behavior, singing, yelling at people in different types of cars, what a sh*t box they drove.

Last edited by pacemaker; 06-12-2011 at 01:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Strange/Awkward Things You've Transported