Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Strange/Awkward Things You've Transported

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive carried alot since its my only source of transportation most of the time. The most annoying thing to carry to me are motorcycle tires. I do carry my fishing pole(broke down in half), cast net, and small tackel box whenever alot of my days off to go fish though. lol

Old 06-09-2011, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I once tied my acoustic guitar down to the pillion. I rode about 30 minutes with it like that and the twine I used sort of rubbed it and left some nasty marks. I don't recommend it...

Old 06-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
Ive carried alot since its my only source of transportation most of the time. The most annoying thing to carry to me are motorcycle tires. I do carry my fishing pole(broke down in half), cast net, and small tackel box whenever alot of my days off to go fish though. lol
Where did you put the fish you caught?? Stringer? Or did you not take any back with you? Ewie....

Old 06-10-2011, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by meggers
Where did you put the fish you caught?? Stringer? Or did you not take any back with you? Ewie....
No im a firm believer of the Catch, Photo, Release. Although its so hot down here right now that i dont want to go fishing unless im taking the car. haha

Its not fun to stand on a bank when its 100 Degrees in boots, and pants.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:15 AM

Nothing really, I have an f250 for that.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:33 AM

I don't have a car so..... pretty much anything a person would have to carry. My bungee net will hold a full bag of groceries as will my tank bag and backpack (have had then all three filled up with heavy **** countless of times. That's no fun!)

More recently I had to get my kitten castrated so I strapped the carrying case on the back (I took a picture of it when the kitty was already out ). I didn't ride the bike though, I pushed it because I didn't want to scare the **** out of kitty. It took me about 20 minutes to push the damn bike home but at least kitty was ok. (I took him to the vet on the bicycle but had the bike on the way back from work).

My parents are in the country again and I had to do some of their laundry. I had a BIG bag strapped to the bag and my, already stretched, bungee net could barely hold it.
I regularly carry a full bag of groceries on the back or fill up my expandable tankbag when I have a passenger.
A couple months ago I bought a socket/wrench set, two torque wrenches, a breaker bar, oil filter, oil, heated grips, HID kit, alarm and a bunch of other stuff which I had in my backpack. It was heavy as **** for 40 miles.

I tried to carry a 6' heavybag on the back last Friday but it was a bit too tall.. I would have managed eventually if the guy who was selling it didn't think I was joking and would have helped me strap it to my back.

Then again, I've carried a big heavy closet from storage to my house on a hand trolley. The closet weighed a good 100kg and it took me an hour and a half to walk the 2.5 miles home. I'm too persistent for my own good.

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 06-10-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by meggers
2 nights ago a gallon of primer in a bookbag...

also some ribs in a styrofoam box in a plastic bag... held it in my hand going about 70.. and that plastic bag was shredding... lucky I still had my ribs by the time I got back into town.

my ex road me as passenger on my bike and a bucket of hot wings and some sauce in a glass bottle on the tank...

How about you?
It sounds like you need a tankbag.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:39 AM

The largest thing ive transported is a 25" television. I have a friend who carried a toilet on the back of his bike.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by jtkardel
The largest thing ive transported is a 25" television. I have a friend who carried a toilet on the back of his bike.
I might be quick to say this, but I think your friend won this one.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:00 AM

I've zipped tools into my jacket before, had groceries in my book bag, or put groceries on the handle bars in a plastic bag. I once saw a guy come snowboarding with a snowboard strapped to his R1.

Quick Reply: Strange/Awkward Things You've Transported