Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

As a store manager I have to say this

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: As a store manager I have to say this

Hire me! I work on telephones for the military. You do not have to train me. Sorry KidCr3nshaw.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM

your problem is easily fixed. no more easygoing let it slide this time boss, crack down on em.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:20 PM

dude its time to change your attatude at your job seriouly don't take anymore of this SH*T
Just Go OFF ON THEM GO OFF TELL IT LIKE IT IS AND JUST LET THEM KNOW WHO THE HELL IS THE DAM BOSS AROUND THAT TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 09:15 PM

My step-dad told me one day a few years back what it would take... basically because of my age (not that far away from your V), that when I took over as manager, I was going to have to make an example of someone. He said that it didnt even necessarily have to be the right person, or for the right reason. But somewhere, sometime, you have to make an example of someone. Its also the reason for the no friends & family rule, because chances are someones feeling are going to get hurt. Do I like to fire people always? No. Have I always done it for the right reasons? Not even close. Did it work? Yes.

I know you want to be that 'cool' manager you never had, but it doesnt always work that way.

Sorry

Old 02-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

truth is that if people dont care about their job and feel like **** when they are there , it doesnt matter if they call in or not. they wont care about if you are there alone and have a line out the door. but mayb eyou should look inot hiring some new people. did the break in have anything to do with the person getting fired ? also in low paying jobs people really dont care [:@]sad but true

Old 02-07-2007, 09:40 PM

I feel for you man, we had some issues lately and are now short handed....

Hang in there, and don't let it turn you to the dark side. Keep it fair, tough on the people that need it and not on those
who don't.

Anyone else in the company that can help with the turnover problem ? Perhaps there is an owner who should help with this and take
some of the burden from you ?

Good luck,

Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Retired Moderator

I think one of the problems with us Americans (and the reason many hate us) is the fact that many are used to having everything handed to us...I am guilty of that. There is a continuing trend of us being lazy, and not willing to work towards a goal. You will always have a hard time finding good employees. There is a phrase "a good man is hard to find" and it will always be the case. I feel your pain as an employee that gets screwed when people call in sick. Sorry, but that is an unwritten part of your job as management. You have to bear the burden of those who really don't care.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 AM

haha..I remember my first job was in retail. It was for Mervyn's, the clothing store. I worked there for like a year and a half. I realized that job paid like crap, but I still worked my *** off. I only called out like three times during my entire employment there. Retail sucks dude...you get a bunch of people bitching at you as if you yourself made the stuff they're returning or having trouble with. Anyways...have fun!!