CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

E-manager on your CBR929/954rr

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face E-manager on your CBR929/954rr

HI buddies

Anyone who has e-manager on your heavy modified CBR engine?

I was told that e-manager can handle CBR engine very well without OEM ECU(Mil code is the headache to early model CBRs)..

If someone can help that would be very appreciate...Because of the Very pricy Motec ECUs, I think E-manager is much friendly for me....

Please help ~ my cbr929rr has modified to 954cc and some other extra racing parts in my engine, i'm looking for more info to make my racing bike engine perfect.

I have PCIIIusb (rev-limited set 13000rpm)and ignition moduel, once on dyno test,while engine goes on 12000rpm, the shift gear could not go upper..i'm think it because of higher Rpm....Also after hi cams,JE-954 piston kit....only 87rwhp no idea why...plz help

Old 06-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

87rwhp???!!! dafuq! that can't be running on all cylinders then can it?

and sorry i don't know about it, but whats e-manager?

oh hey, i had a question for you about the oem rods being able to handle that high of rpms? can they really handle that many rpms? i was talking about mika about it. and what valve springs are you running?

Old 06-23-2013, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
87rwhp???!!! dafuq! that can't be running on all cylinders then can it?

and sorry i don't know about it, but whats e-manager?

oh hey, i had a question for you about the oem rods being able to handle that high of rpms? can they really handle that many rpms? i was talking about mika about it. and what valve springs are you running?
Conrice

Thanks for help, E-manager is

I'm using 1.5kg(same as 929 HRC erion model) rat valve springs on my engine, and OEM valve springs rating is 1.05kg which is what I test by machime..

While I was trying to run on dyno, engine rans well and smoothly but not strong power deliever that I can feel.. I believe OEM 954 rods are fine, it went up to 12000rpm(still could go up due to the new engine)

Air and fuel ratio is set to 13 idol and while rev..the A/F ratio set to 11.10 to top.

Do you think it because of Camshift timming did not set up well...?

Old 06-23-2013, 09:36 AM

hmm, i just don't know if a set up like cam timing or fueling could reduce the power that drastically. if you have aftermarket cams, 954 hi comp pistons, and can go 12000 rpms - i just don't see how you could be off by 70 hp or so with the wrong cam timing. there's only so far you can be off on cam timing.

who did your dyno work? what did they suggest? isn't 11.0:1 a little too lean? i would think you'd want to be up around 12.5-13:1.

and what is your cam timing? did you just do it to OEM spec? or do you have aftermarket adjustable cam gears?

and of the dyno sheet, what was your curve like?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:21 AM

hmm, i just don't know if a set up like cam timing or fueling could reduce the power that drastically. if you have aftermarket cams, 954 hi comp pistons, and can go 12000 rpms - i just don't see how you could be off by 70 hp or so with the wrong cam timing. there's only so far you can be off on cam timing.

who did your dyno work? what did they suggest? isn't 11.0:1 a little too lean? i would think you'd want to be up around 12.5-13:1.

and what is your cam timing? did you just do it to OEM spec? or do you have aftermarket adjustable cam gears?

and of the dyno sheet, what was your curve like?
Conrice

Thanks for help

I took out engine to check what's going on with it, there's no cam gears on my engine, I use OEM cam gear..I'. going to use OEM cam gears to make adjustable timming gear,advantage 5 degree and retard 5 degrees..

The dyno curve is here...

Old 06-24-2013, 09:25 AM

and you're sure you're running on all cylinders? that curve is incredibly flat compared to what an i4 bike's curve normally looks like.

i wish i could help more - i would be able to in person - there's just not a whole lot i can do from a computer chair.

i don't see how the valve timing could play that big of a role. you have stock cam springs right?

and can you explain the shifting problem better?

Old 06-24-2013, 01:45 PM

and you're sure you're running on all cylinders? that curve is incredibly flat compared to what an i4 bike's curve normally looks like.

i wish i could help more - i would be able to in person - there's just not a whole lot i can do from a computer chair.

i don't see how the valve timing could play that big of a role. you have stock cam springs right?

and can you explain the shifting problem better?
Conrice
yes,my bike running 4 cylinders, while I was testing it on road, the engine acceration is kinda weak...then I have no choice..while I back home ...I took engine out for rebuld again to see what's going on with it..

No, My cam springs are heavy springs, same rate as Erion HRC cbr954rr which is tested at 1.5 rate.

While I rev over 11500 to 12000rpm at 4th gear on dyno machine...don't know why! Could not shift go upper 5th gear, by that time, I held the clutch level , the engine stopped( not running), I started again and it fired again the engine runs...

this is what my problem and my engine is taken out from main frame ready for check..

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM

here is my thing. mika and i were talking - and ya, valve timing can really mess things up. but, mrsmobbins has a similar motor to ours (ya it's 1mm bigger), but as far as the cams - you, me, and mobbins have all used the webcams.

i haven't dyno'd my bike yet, it's only ran for a few seconds on a test firing (no radiator).

so i asked mobbins if he was a)running oem cam gears - he's not, he's running adjustable... and b)what degrees did he advance intake, retard exhaust, etc. - he hasn't messed with the cam timing at all. he just wanted the ability to do so.

and he dyno'd over 150rwhp on oem exhaust on a dyno that the owner claimed always read low.

mine idled just find with a 954 ECU when i fired it up for a few seconds.

are you sure you got the valve timing correct to OEM measures?

Old 06-27-2013, 02:10 PM

here is my thing. mika and i were talking - and ya, valve timing can really mess things up. but, mrsmobbins has a similar motor to ours (ya it's 1mm bigger), but as far as the cams - you, me, and mobbins have all used the webcams.

i haven't dyno'd my bike yet, it's only ran for a few seconds on a test firing (no radiator).

so i asked mobbins if he was a)running oem cam gears - he's not, he's running adjustable... and b)what degrees did he advance intake, retard exhaust, etc. - he hasn't messed with the cam timing at all. he just wanted the ability to do so.

and he dyno'd over 150rwhp on oem exhaust on a dyno that the owner claimed always read low.

mine idled just find with a 954 ECU when i fired it up for a few seconds.

are you sure you got the valve timing correct to OEM measures?

Conrice

Thanks for help...please wait for a while, tomorrow I will part out the engine head to see what's going on with it ...

I was told from a racer here that one 4th cylinder exhaust is cold..means not fired..

I will open it and take a pic here, if that's only running 3 cylinders,,then the ECU, or power commender PCIII usb or timming ignition modeul, either one is bad..

Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM

see, that would make sense. that's why i thought it wasn't running on all cylinders. when you drop a cylinder, your other cylinders have to work even harder to still compress that one. so it's quite a bit of parasitic hp loss.

and a misfire would also explain a really rich smell. and the high idle

an infrared gun is always a great diagnostic tool.

before saying the ECU, PCIII, or ignition module is bad, i'd check your wiring, then i'd swap coils to see if the misfire moves. Also, i would swap out spark plugs too. they do go bad and there are duds out there

Last edited by Conrice; 06-27-2013 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: E-manager on your CBR929/954rr