Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stolen Bike, pt.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stolen Bike, pt.2

Good to hear! When you get her back, change out your fluids and check her over really well. You should probably keep receipts of anything you have to replace so you can take him to court if you want.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 AM

Great news and it's nice that the scumbag is in jail. I hope he wasn't wearing any gear and was really rashed up, with maybe a few appendages needing a cast.

I learned very early to not buy anything that I could not afford insurance for. It's like those people who buy a house and then don't remember what the taxes and bills will cost them.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

Great news and it's nice that the scumbag is in jail. I hope he wasn't wearing any gear and was really rashed up, with maybe a few appendages needing a cast.

I learned very early to not buy anything that I could not afford insurance for. It's like those people who buy a house and then don't remember what the taxes and bills will cost them.
haha well i dont wish harm upon anyone, but hes definitely going to regret stealing (or buying stolen) my bike, thats for damn sure. and i could definitely afford the full coverage ins, but it makes no sense to pay it since i could buy a new bike every 2 years for the same cost. though it may be a LITTLE lower now that im a couple years older, who knows. oh well, i guess ill find out when i go to insure her again :-p

Old 01-15-2008, 12:10 PM

wow man, that's a one in a million chance. rarely do you hear about anyone getting their bike back after it is stolen. someone with a little more intelligence would have scrapped it off for parts.

make sure you get it restored to good-as-new condition. the insurance company should sue mr. ******* theif for the bill.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

wow man, that's a one in a million chance. rarely do you hear about anyone getting their bike back after it is stolen. someone with a little more intelligence would have scrapped it off for parts.
exactly! i've met one guy, ever i my life whos gotten his bike back after it was stolen. my first thoughts were "aw crap, this guy stole 3 bikes, its in pieces by now" i cant even describe how lucky i feel right now lol

p.s.

pops is headed to thibadeaux with the trailer for me now since hes off of work today. *drumroll please*

Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Stolen Bike, pt.2 (EDIT: Pics)

DI

Old 01-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the return...It was stolen in Nov...did the insurance ever replace the bike? Now you could have two.
RB

Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 PM
VP

WOW! that hurts to see man... I feel for you cuz I'm thinking my bike is probably in somebody's garage right now getting stripped into a thousand pieces, packaged, and sent to Cali or something

At least you got her back!

Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got her back on one piece.
Seeing and hearing this **** happening pisses me off.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:18 PM

lol im so damn happy it isnt funny, i just stuck a stubby screwdriver in the ignition and took her around the block after checking her over

Quick Reply: Stolen Bike, pt.2