Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sport bike culture?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dislike to more immature sectors of sportbike culture. Actually that goes for motorcycling culture in general because back when I started on a cruiser there are a lot of immature people in that side of the sport as well who are more concerned with looking cool and the image they are portraying rather than the love of riding.

That being said their are some good parts of the culture. I love going to the Indy MotoGP and being at a place where fans appreciate the raw riding talent those guys have. I like a local spot in the middle of nowhere in Kentucky where sportbike guys stop to talk. Most of them are in full gear and are pretty serious riders. There aren't even any food or drinks sold at this place. It's just a peaceful spot with tables surrounded by spectacular twisties.

I ride because I simply love it. It brings me a lot of peace in my life and relieves stress in a way that nothing else can. I love finding twisty roads and just trying to constanly improve my riding. If anything I actually enjoy the fact that so few people understand this passion for riding. As for the more immature side of the culture I don't like it but I just try to not think about it. I can only affect my own behavior. As long as the idiots of the World don't affect my ability to ride then I'll just choose to ignore them.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:05 PM

I'm too old to give a rats *** as to what anybody thinks. I do what I do and ride what I ride because I like it. Plain and simple.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 PM

I don't seem to be able to get that old.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:44 PM

Someday you will.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm not so sure. I'm 56 now, and not sure how much longer I have.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:55 PM

strange as this may be but everytime I have ridden with someone or a group it's been with Harley riders...

Old 12-12-2009, 03:55 PM

lol, didn't think my lil post would get this much attention. don't get me wrong, i love both sides of it, kinda like i used ta long board and street skate. there were days when i just wanted to thrash, and there where days i just wanted to cruz...and i like group rides. even with my friends who have cars. we have a plan to go to the smoky mountains, camp and drive/ride the whole time this spring. btw, clasic, my cbr is my main mode of transsportaion, rain, sleet, snow, i always go.

Last edited by johnnyb3; 12-12-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
So.......most of these buggers must toodle down the old main roads at 60-80kph!! 35-50mph the whole bloody way through the suburbs!! ?? and that way they avoid near all the bugs and chit from the freeways that are out in the open and tend to go through the country side ....

Hmm... how boring
I rode up to our Biketoberfest this year with a couple HD/chopper buds of mine from the area and that's how they wanted to go at it! I ended up grabbing a buddy of mine on another F3 for our own pace... I don't know how someone can stand going in a straight line for 50 mph for 2 hours.... Guess if your parts are about to rattle off, you've reached top speed?

Quick Reply: sport bike culture?