Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sport bike culture?

Old 12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport bike culture?

what do you guys think about sportbike culture? do you think it is growing? shrinking? main stream? do you like where it is going? i look at it like this. i like the fact that not everyone rides motorcycles. but i always want there to be motorcycles producers/after market parts. the more main stream it gets, the more support we have. would you rather we be like the "one percenters" before us? or have everybody and ther grandmoher on sport bikes? take for instance the newer stunt scene. i personally love it. it takes control, risk, and is farely exciteing. and its saposely might be in the future x games. that means its coming more main stream. but i love the "under ground" flair. some thing about being hated...when people see me step off my bike and go in to work, i love the way people look, ether with admeration, or disgust, i love it both. i like the aspect, of curve carving, the way i look in the gear, the way people ask me the same questions. i like how my mom hates my bike. i like the aspect of the fact that its dangrous. its one of the reasons i do it. i love the feeling of freedom. the wind blow ing through my helm. i guess personaly i dont want everybody to like motorcycles, but i love all the aftermarket and manufacter sapport. (and i hope it stays that way. i like that x games is considering stunting a sport, like skatboarding)i also like a sweet tuner car with a bov wissling, or a loud *** big block muscle caming. i like being hated.

be free.

johnnyb

Last edited by johnnyb3; 12-10-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM

i know what youre saying, i used to skate when i was younger, like roller blade, or "aggressive inline"
It was one of the first sports in the XGames, but was so unrefined and rough around the edges that it had its burst of popularity. There were video games, movies, etc. Then it was dropped from the XGames and is now extremely underground. I got back into it a little a few years ago and there are only a select few internet sites where you can find any gear/skates. Only a few forums. And when you go to a skate park, me and my bro/friends were the only bladers there, except for a few times. Skateboarding, for instance, did the opposite... it was underground and now (due in large part to the tony hawk games and xgames) its exploded.

Part of me loved that no one else roller bladed, because you were different and if you saw another blader out somewhere you were like OMG, is that a mirage? lol. But it did suck that it was hard to find anything to reflect the "culture" as far as tshirts, or even gear and things.

But i would probably prefer for sport bike culture to stay about where it is... i mean almost everyone thinks its cool and wants to do it... but many ppl are afraid of sport bikes (the danger you referred too) and then also, its not the most inexpensive thing to get into. I think it will increase in popularity, it already seems to be doing so. Plus with gas prices, people are looking for anything with higher mpg, and many people refuse to right a moped.

I think the "sport" of stunting and stuff will always stay underground... its just too extreme for it to be considered main stream, and it will always be "hated" by the majority of ppl because it will never be legal... therefore making it underground.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:43 PM

rite on,.... loud and proud with everything loud... old school skater here and standin out in a croud is my kind...yer rite , somthin about owning a HONDA is big pimpin at its best..

Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM

^^+1 After the hey look at me I'm cool stage you will just ride because it is fun. And yes after 33 years of riding it is still fun and people still gawk.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ride because I love riding, anything else good from it is just a bonus!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My opinion

Most of the 'culture' that exists right now has all the couth of a frat house on a friday night during rush week. Many of the riders I see have habits / are doing things I actively avoid. Dangerous, inconsiderate or **** all irritating. I actively attempt to set myself apart from them.

But sport bikes will always be around, as will motorcycles in general. The guy that first said "Holy chit! I'm not falling over!" and the first person who said "Holy chit! He's not falling over!" (the guy that saw him) created a world wide love of two wheeled travel. "Bike" hits most kids' Christmas list at least once in their life. People that ride motorcycles just needed a bike that goes faster The Big 3 (Honda, Suzuki & Kawasaki) will be around so long as they keep making affordable sport bikes. Ducati and BMW will pick up the richer squids

As for the shiny wearing off, I hope it doesn't for me. If it does, then it means its time to buy another bike

Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ex-skateboarder here too. Used to do it before it became mainstream, back when Powell Peralta & Santa Cruz first came out. Grew up listening to DRI, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Screeching Weasel... ahh, the good old days. Heck, I remember when body piercing first came out. Used to work at a tattoo shop back then, lol. Rebelling is all good and fun, though it's getting harder to do nowadays since pretty much everything is excepted now. Go ahead and get it out of your system while your still young, imo. Once you get older you'll realize it doesn't matter what other people think, so long as your able to do what makes you happy.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
I ride because I love riding, anything else good from it is just a bonus!!!
+1 I havent been riding long and the "shinyness" is really cool but I Love riding it it the most free feeling on earth (keeps me sane). I personally like the bike scene where its at there is enough people that you can find help when needed but you still have your own sense of individuality ...I dont know if this could be seen as a comparison but I started snowboarding when snowboarding was starting to get real popular now i feel like when i go to the slopes everyone has a board strapped to their feet and it lost its sense of individualityand there are a ton of newbies who are careless with the sport and it kinda sucks...Don't get me wrong we have all been at the newb stage but somethings get so mainstreamed EVERYONE thinks its for them and the sheer reality is...some things are made for some people others or not...Thats simply how I feel if it becomes more mainstream cool it will open some doors for us (maybe) if not I am 100% cool with that too...

Old 12-11-2009, 06:26 AM

I think the sport bike scene will increase to some degree, but not everyone will hop on 2 wheelz. I plan to get a cruzr in the not too far away future, but will keep my CRoxet. I down right love riding, I feel it helps me relax & unwind. I do track dayz that gives me such a rush. I feel so @ peace @ the end of the day after a ride. I don't concern myself what others think. I know some people are curious, some like riders & some dislike riders. Like everything in life, ying & yang, for every action is a reaction...

Last edited by CYCDUP; 12-11-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sport bike culture?