Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Spider bite. Should i be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out that link I posted, each page describes a diffrent part. Once of the pages went over treatment I believe

Old 03-26-2009, 04:01 PM

Well. i just got back from the doctor. She basically said the bite wasn't looking to bad. And they aches and pains and chills could be from imfluenza or strep. She tested me for both and they were both negative. so basically she said i might just have something viral making me sick. She knows nothing about spider bights tho. So if I die or lose my foot..that bitch is getting sued for everything shes got. She didnt give me anything at all.. ive got a bottle of antibiotics here from a few months ago i never finished. So i think im gonna start taking them just incase.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:06 PM

Your probably just allergic to snow there Spidey.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:26 PM

im just slamming red bulls left and right just trying to keep myself going. eating motrin like its candy..i dont care if i destroy my liver right now.

Old 03-26-2009, 05:16 PM

Shouldn't you be working on your secret web formula?

Old 03-26-2009, 06:48 PM

From a medical perspective, you should be worrying in a couple of days if the site keeps growing. Like many have said previously, a brown recluse bite will cause tissue necrosis kind of like gangrene. This would continue for a period of time and if left untreated could potentially turn BAD. From the Doc's point of view (which PCP's have their head up their butts most of the time), many people come into their office making mountains out of mole hills. If you are that concerned, go to the ER!! It sucks but thats where you will get the best results. Keep us posted with pics

Old 03-26-2009, 07:07 PM

Are you looking for attention by always telling people what you are taking for scripts? It gets old man.

PS I used to build prosthetics, if you lose that sucker dont worry. They have some killer **** out on the market.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 PM

I don't know man, I'd be getting a second opinion from someone that knows how serious on of those bites can be!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:14 PM

If you were bit by a brown recluse it should be forming a black center after a day.. I had one bite my calf and I didnt do anything about it for a day, woke up the next day and it was swollen up about 2 inches in diameter. I ended up letting it go for a little longer and then it started turning black in the center... I didnt go to a doctor until it was too late in my mind.... The doctor had to cut out the necrose core and I ended up with a staph infection for a month.... needless to say I can stick my pinky into my calf now... I would see about a different doctor just to make sure....

Old 03-26-2009, 10:19 PM

GO TO THE DOC NOW! I waited 4 days after being bit and my entire calf was a wierd bluish color with red dots. The Doc said it was muscle tissue dying. I had to get 2 shots of penecillin. One in each *** cheek, then 3 weeks of antibiotics. You wait too much longer, you'll be riding a trike.

Quick Reply: Spider bite. Should i be worried?