Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Spider bite. Should i be worried?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it was a brown recluse then you need to go get checked. those bad boys can kill. we have them in my area, and they are scary as hell

Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 PM

I feel terrible tonight..just woozy and light headed. the veins around the bight are getting kinda dark..almost turning black..but not that intense. every muscle in my body aches. and i just feel like laying down and dying right now. I have also since developed a weezy cough that is getting really annoying. as long as i survive the next few days i think ill be in the clear.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 PM

Hey, I have a crazy idea! Was told that salt ... yes salt can do some amazing **** for wounds! Hear me out, take a good quality sock (no holes) and fill that puppy up about half full (say to the ankle) and set that on the wound. Your not putting salt in the wound ... just near/on it. Do this repeatedly and tell me id the sock becomes yellow. I knwo puss can turn things yellow, but a good friend from work told me about how her mother made her do this when she stepped on a nail and she started getting a red vein (blood poisoning). She said that within a day the red subsided and she recovered just fine without infection.

Call bull**** if you want, but its worth a try!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by rellimdekim
If you were bit by a brown recluse it should be forming a black center after a day.. I had one bite my calf and I didnt do anything about it for a day, woke up the next day and it was swollen up about 2 inches in diameter. I ended up letting it go for a little longer and then it started turning black in the center... I didnt go to a doctor until it was too late in my mind.... The doctor had to cut out the necrose core and I ended up with a staph infection for a month.... needless to say I can stick my pinky into my calf now... I would see about a different doctor just to make sure....

humm, got any pics of this?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:08 AM

That picture of the bite on the first page was not looking to good man. Your obviously having some reaction to this spider bite that is different than other one. You do not want to lose your foot...I would get a second opinion if I were you.
Get better

Old 03-27-2009, 10:39 AM

Necrosis FTL

Old 03-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From the CDC to DRs ... unless you see the spider bite you treat all spider bites as MRSA. It's a nasty drug resistant staph infection. My daughter had what looked like a spider bite. Took her to the DR just in case and it was MRSA. DR was very serious ... shots, oral antibiotics. Even drew a ring around the area and said if the redness reaches it take her to hospital asap and call him so they could admit her and start more radical treatment.

I have been bitten by a black widow and that is a nasty bite but nothing like the brown recluse. Black widow bite hurts like hell. Burns like a ****** within a few minutes you start feeling like crap. After a couple hours it damn near killed me. DRs couldn't believe I drove myself to the facility. If I'd waited 30 minutes more I would have prolly passed out in the car.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:24 PM

Took alot of antihisthemines(Sp) and am doing better. The bite area is looking a little better.that black spot went away and the actual hole is a much lighter pinkish color now. Still hurts but nothing i can do about that really.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:25 PM

How long till the black widow wore off? It's crazy how diffrent the two spiders venom works, completely diffrent

Quick Reply: Spider bite. Should i be worried?