Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Speeding Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding Tickets

Not sure if anyone started a thread about this or if anyone cares...

But, I have not gotten my first speeding ticket yet. I was just curious to fellow members if anyone has yet? What speeds and how much did it cost?

In addition, how many points did you get on your license?

Or has anyone outrun a cop... Share some stories...

[sm=smiley8.gif]

Old 04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Speeding Tickets

I would never outrun a cop ... I would never post that I outran a cop anyway. Just a silly thing to do. I have a PDF file on how to beat a ticket I'll send ya if you want. If you already admitted to the police that you were speeding then you're screwed -- just pay it. If not this article has some good ideas for defenses.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:47 PM
L8X

hey share the wealth!

Old 04-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Sure, send me the pdf, I think it could come in handy some day...

Old 04-04-2005, 12:12 AM

I'd be interested to see that pdf too. I am the worst at getting out of tickets. The only way I know of now would be to not get pulled over.

Old 04-04-2005, 12:57 AM

I NEVER break the speed limit, as a matter of fact I ride 5 miles under the limit........ppfpffft.......ppppffftt........ppppp fffftftttt....BWAAAHAHAHAHAA..... who am I kidding?? I think I may know of this pdf you guys are speaking of, a buddy sent it to me once also. Good info, but you CANNOT admit that you were speeding!!

Old 04-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

I gotta have your e-mail address -- the e-mail on this site won't let me add stuff. Or I can't figure out how to add the stuff. Send to greggafh@hotmail.com and I'll send it on. And for the record I had to fill out all kinds of shee-ot to get this file so you guys are making out like bandits

Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 AM

KNOCK ON WOOD!! No tickets yet. We did go to Cassidy, Kansas this last Sunday, which is a big thing the first Sunday of every month from March to October. I would say there was 1000 bikes there this last Sunday. Anyway, there were probably about 20-30 Harley's running together and as the 10 of us reached the top of the hill and saw there was no one, we took them on the left. When we approached the next hill, we did not see the Deputy there. Myself and one other guy was still in the left lane when we saw him, and he saw us. My speedo showed 110. Problem for him was there was probably 200 bikes all in a row because we were just coming into Cassidy, so there was nothing he was going to do. But they usually don't do anything as long as no one is being stupid. They are just there for show.

About running, NO WAY!!! Then again, I am a cop so I would never do that. But even if I wasn't, it is about respect. They are just doing their job.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:29 PM

Hey,

there's a site called' ticketassassin.com'....there you can learn the best ways to fight your speeding ticket.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

Homer319 -- When I pull over for the police (2 tickets in 10 years -- 1 really, really, really deserved[]) they give me the speech about how they DIDN'T expect me to pull over and how much they appreciate me not running and that "no" they couldn't have caught me and thanks for not endangering them or me by being stupid. Having said that they write me a ticket. Granted, I deserved the first one (no I will not specify -- let's just say the cop was a decent guy) but the second one he got goofy with the radar. I ended up paying it because the fine was less than losing a days work and my insurance doesn't raise rates for 1 ticket. I just feel like the whipping boy for all those that DID run. When the 2nd incident occurred I actually pulled over and waived the guy by because I thought he was responding to another call. Doh! Anyway, water under the bridge. Heck, I wanted to be a cop many years ago -- had a lot of buddies in the force. Only reason I didn't join up is the lousy pay -- right now in GA the highest paid noob cops get $33K a year in Gwinnett Co but I believe they have to pay for a lot of their own equipment and insurance prems. I can't live off that.

Quick Reply: Speeding Tickets