Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

someone knocked my bike over

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that really sux man
i have to leave my bike outside all the time too, but luckily i havent had much trouble
someone did mess with it once
the guy above me has a harley and we share parking spots
well i was parked on the right side of the spot and i wake up to my buddy coming downstairs saying "hey come get ur bike off of mine"
well its like 8 in the morning, the day after halloween so im not very coherent
so i finally come to, look out the window and my bike is layed over to the LEFT SIDE balancing on the kickstand and his bike, so it was obviously intentional
it put a small dent in his bike and cracked my tail fairing where that little bolt sticks out the side by the passnger seat and also bent my clutch lever a little
i was so pissed man
but it was much less damage than urs, and its only happened once
it sux ppl are like that, ive never understood what is funny or entertaining about ruining others peoples things. its just some ******** who is jelous and wishes he could have one...

another thing my buddy with the harley said he was going to do was get a camera that you can hook up to your computer and just let it sit in ur apt window and record when ur gone and at night. that way u can find out who did it and MAKE THEM PAY. either with money, or ur own revenge... whatever u see fit. i know if i find out who tipped my bike, theyre wakin up with flat tires the next morning
especially if theyve done it 3 times... but since u have more damage you might juts want to go the legal route so you can get damage paid for. might be more fulfilling then messing theyre stuff up

Last edited by G3NESYS; 03-26-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea...I hope I do catch these ********. I hope it isn't personal because I'm a good person and don't **** anyone off.

I ended up filing a police report with campus police so hopefully they will look into it....they prob wont. I just felt like it was the only course of action I could of taken..so I did it.

If it happens one more time, I'm going to freak out. Cause I can't just sit here and watch someone **** with my stuff. I have put blood, sweat, and tears into saving up money for my bike, insurance, and modifications.
I'll end up putting it in self storage if it happens again.

All I want to do is ride

Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 AM

We all want to stuff the vandals through a wood chipper but unfortunately they don't learn from that...and its messy. Just convince everybody your crazy, leave a sign and a mason jar beside the bike. The sign should say this is a self serve jar, to touch the bike place your ***** in here. Failure to pay in advance will result in a collection agency being dispatched.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm just destined not to have bike. I have such bad luck when it comes to things like this. People see that I have a nice car and a nice bike and automatically think I'm a spoiled brat and take action.

No one thinks that I work hard for what I have. I'mma start saving up for some nice ebay fairings or a gun

Old 03-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chetman7
I'm just destined not to have bike. I have such bad luck when it comes to things like this. People see that I have a nice car and a nice bike and automatically think I'm a spoiled brat and take action.

No one thinks that I work hard for what I have. I'mma start saving up for some nice ebay fairings or a gun
Prolly a gun would be better

Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 PM

invest in a 2way alarm with motion detection

Old 03-29-2009, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Showtime_III
invest in a 2way alarm with motion detection
I was actually looking at a nice one..perimeter sensor 2 way pager the whole deal...but I also hear it drains the hell out of your battery. I'm already having trouble keeping my battery voltage high b/c I tend to take short trips that dont give the alternator enough time to charge and I'm at school so I don't have access to a plug to plug in my tender or charger...bummer..unless they make a battery that is on sterioids

Old 03-30-2009, 12:00 AM

What college you go to chet?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by chetman7
I was actually looking at a nice one..perimeter sensor 2 way pager the whole deal...but I also hear it drains the hell out of your battery. I'm already having trouble keeping my battery voltage high b/c I tend to take short trips that dont give the alternator enough time to charge and I'm at school so I don't have access to a plug to plug in my tender or charger...bummer..unless they make a battery that is on sterioids
sounds like more of a reason to go riding.

i was seriously thinking about buying one. i live in a college town, and there was a party one night and my bike ended up being knocked over. so i looked at my options and a 2way alarm was high on the list. people stopped messing with my bike, so its not as much as a concern to me, but i still want to get one installed at some point

Old 03-30-2009, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by FITZ
What college you go to chet?
I go to SUNY Albany

Quick Reply: someone knocked my bike over