Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

someone knocked my bike over

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default someone knocked my bike over AGAIN!!! updated 3-26

So I go to a college where u need a special decal that represents that u paid to be able to park on campus. On a bike..u have to place it on the right fork.

It looked like it was going to rain so I threw on a bike cover. The next day I see that my bike cover was off my bike..hanging on only because I tucked some of the extra under neath the wheel. I have concluded that parking management ripped my bike cover off to check the decal. Next thing I noticed is that the bike was tipped over onto its right side. scratches on exhaust,upper and fairing, but the slider took most of it. BUt they picked it back up.

I drove over to parking management to see if I could talk to the person who was checking decals but they said no and she gave me the directors number.

They also had the audacity to say the wind most likely blew it over and that the bike cover acted like a parachiute and gave it leverage.....Very unlikely right???

I"m just really pissed cause there is no safe place to park my bike and theres nothing I can do about people messing with my stuff while I"m at class or sitting in my apt.

UPDATE::
I blew out my strut on my car so I went over to mitsubishi to get it fixed this morning...I parked my bike right next to me car. Low and behold...my bike is knocked over AGAIN. This time I know its deliberate b/c it fell on its left side. I was lookin at it and the kickstand was up. I"M SOOOOOOOOOOOO mad,frustrated, angry, pissed. my upper cowl is cracked, theres a dent in my gas tank, that little metal peg thats underneath the riders food bed broke off. More added on rash on my upper. Rash on my tail section. I didni't see any cracks on the fairing...i didn't really check cause I was overwhelmed with the situation....
Its so hard to see something you worked your *** off to buy get vandalized. I don't think it was anything personal b/c my car was parked right next to it so they couild of easily knocked onto my car and causing even more damage. I'm about to rent a uhaul trailor and bring it home...cause I can sit here and watch someone mess with my stuff. What a way to off the day..and end off my week.....FML

Last edited by chetman7; 03-26-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: update
Old 03-23-2009, 05:00 PM

What a lame excuse, wind blew it over. No there is no way it would blow your bike over, unless maybe a hurricane. Their just trying to dodge a bullet. Bad luck on the fall, its happened to me also in past so I know how you feel.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We cant even park overnight on our campus. But, not that Im agreeing with the college, a mild wind can grab your cover and tip your bike. Its highly unlikely, but it can and does happen.

Either the college parking personel did it, or someone bumped into it with a car. my guess is someone drove into the lot during the night and didnt see your bike as it was covered so no reflectors would show up, bumped into and bailed. Just a guess. I know it doesnt help out your situation as Im sure the college policy is the same there as it is here. They are not responsible for any damage that occurs. So that means even if the college parking personel did do it, the college wont be held resposible for it. All the more reason I wont ride my bike to college.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:21 PM

At least it didn't get damaged bad right? I would be furious too tho for sure

Old 03-23-2009, 06:50 PM

I was in a motorcycle spot so it wouldn't be mistaken for a car spot

Now u got me worrieed cause I'm parked in a reg spot now...a corner spot and I parked my car right next to it...so hopefully there is no jerkoff thats gonna think it s a spot and wing it in the spot. my cover is black too which is not good....I'm gonna have to go get some refelctive tape

Old 03-23-2009, 07:53 PM

Hey man that blows. At my college we need a parking pass on every vehicle, EXCEPT for bikes! And we can park the bike ANYWHERE that is not a sidewalk or fire lane! Every day it is above freezing I take the bike because I can park so close to whatever building my class is at.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
Hey man that blows. At my college we need a parking pass on every vehicle, EXCEPT for bikes! And we can park the bike ANYWHERE that is not a sidewalk or fire lane! Every day it is above freezing I take the bike because I can park so close to whatever building my class is at.
yea we need a decal but we can practically park anywhere as well and its so easy to find parking on a bike cause there is always someplace to put it unlike a car in which u would circle the parking lot for 40 mins tryin to find a spot.

I just got my bike up here on sunday. I was excited to ride my bike to class instead of walking but I woke up and it was 20 degress with windchill..gotta love Albany

Old 03-23-2009, 10:07 PM

I had some problems with my bike on my campus last spring, got 2 parking tickets stuck under my cover cause i was parked in a non legal spot because i didnt want to park in a GRAVEL parking lot lol, but im always so worried that something is going to happen to it when i have it here thats why im looking into a self storage unit to keep it here for the rest of this semester.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:20 AM

yea..self storage is wat i'm prob gonna do because I'm leaving my bike up here during spring break..and campus will be so dead that a thief would all the time in the world to steal it.

Wish there was something to make a parked bike more stable and less vulnerable to random tip overs

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 AM

happened again this morning...read above for details

Quick Reply: someone knocked my bike over