Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Some people are just jerks!

Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some people are just jerks!

So the following happened last weekend. I road about 3 hours south (no highway) to go the the shore and when I was done there I rode back on the freeway (about an hour). The speed limit was 120 km/h (75 mph) and I was cruising between 75 and 85.

The road was pretty empty and I was only going slightly faster than most traffic. I always, always signal and I kept enough distance when overtaking cars. On longer stretches I rest my chest on my tank bag and put my left hand either on the fairing covering the ram air duct or on the left side fairing on the upper corner. My right hand stays on the throttle and rests on a throttle rocker.

So here I am, just cruising along and I have two cars behind me for about 40 minutes or so. The closest was a brown VW hatchback and behind him a green van. I'm just minding my business, riding fast but smoothly, defensively and the VW passes me at some point. The driver even gave me a thumbs up and a friendly wave. Fine. Then the van driver pulls up next to me, points and shakes his head. His finger also did a little 'no no' gesture. I was like... wtf? I'm just cruising along. I look in my mirrors and want to pass this guy because he isn't overtaking me, he's just blocking me from doing so.. He sees me looking around and knows I'm looking to pass and he gives me another 'no no' gesture. Dude? What's up your butt? Mind your own business. I was cruising in 6th, kicked it down to 4th and gave it some gas. passed the car in front of me with plenty of room to spare and returned to the right lane (4 lane highway, I was mostly on the left two).

This douchebag then creeps up beside me, AGAIN!. Once more doing a little 'no no' gesture. This ****ing douche has been doing the same speed for about 40 minutes and he's trying to tell me I'm going too fast???? Kicked down to 4th again, gave him the finger and accelerated until I was a few hundred yards in front of him. There I am again, cruising and minding me own business waving back at some kids in a car that were admiring the bike.. I see him creeping up again but moves over to the most right lane to take the exit (still on the highway). The road stays parallel to the highway I was on but eventually goes up and over it into a different direction.

So now this guy is at least 100 yards away on a different highway, there is no way I would be able to merge onto the same road and what does this retard do? He's frantically waving his hands as if to say 'come over here and fight!!'
Come here and fight?? Is this guy for real? At least stay on the same road if you invite someone to kick your ***. I got a good laugh out of it and continued home. I just can't believe some of the hypocrites on the road. Especially the really pushy ones that come way too close!

There has also been quite some traffic (nice weather, people going out of town) lately and more and more people have been trying to block me from lane splitting/filtering. It's perfectly legal here! Mostly older dudes in nice cars, probably pissed off that they have to sit in traffic.

Any of you have some ******* stories?

Old 05-02-2011, 05:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately, we all see/meet a bunch of ******** everyday. Maybe they're jealous cuz' we're living what they never had the ***** to make it happen. But my bet is that they're really only ********

My last encouter with one of them pissed me off cuz' with was a young guy and not some audi/bmw jerk.

In rush our, with a double white line on my left I was passing a big *** row of cars which were doing around 60km/h and as I approach a white Merc delivery van I noticed that the guy was veering towards the line and I braked a bit, stayed behind them but in his mirrors line of sight.

Maybe 15secs. after I flashed my lights, guy looks at the mirror and veers even more to step and stay on top of the double line.
He then starts to pick his nose and stays looking at the mirror but doesn't move over...

As soon as I got an opening, I picked the front up, pass him, look at him and give him the finger right in his face.

There's just way too many stupid people around...