Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Owning nice things = dealing with more jerks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owning nice things = dealing with more jerks?

What is it with this?! I have always known that when you own something nice you have to take extra care to make sure it stays safe, etc. But this weekend I have really begun to feel like this planets really going down the tube when it comes to people. Is it me or are the decent people being out numbered by the scumbags & degenerates at an alarming rate?
The whole reason I am posting this is because I have been looking for a car for the past 2-3 months, taking my time to find something nice for myself for once (as far as cars are concerned). Well I finally found something I really liked and bought it. I have have the car for all of 3 days and today, when I stopped off at a corner store to get an iced-tea on my way back from the insurance place, some guy tries to flag me down on my way into to the store. The guy looked like your typical hood-rat gangster - mixed with that "Damn I'm broke can you spare me some change homie" look. So I nodded politely and continued to go into the store, hoping the polite brush off would do the trick. I grab my Iced-Tea and get to the counter and see the guy waving at me from outside as I'm paying for my drink. The secondd I stepped out the store the guy claimed to know me and swore that I knew him, I told him politely "I am sorry but I don't know you, you must be mistaken". He then quickly changed gears, and asked me if I could spare $5. Again I politely told the guy I couldn't. He then asked me if I wanted to buy a pint of whiskey for $5. Once again I told him "No thank you, I'm not much of a drinker" He kept at it telling me his sob story of how he was $5 short of getting a motel room. I kind of feltt bad for him and told him "Look I'm really not interested in the whiskey, but I'll buy it off you for my roomate. That way I'm not just GIVING you $5" He seemed happy, and as I was grabbing my wallet he made a comment about my car and how nice it was. There was something in the tone when he said it that made my gut feeling say "Watch yer a$$!" He asked me if I could give him a ride and I politely said "No, sorry I can't do that"
Sure enough as soon as I pulled the $5 from my wallet and handed it to the guy he kept the bottle in his right hand and my $5 in his left and tried to pump another $5 out of me for the bottle. I told him thats rediculous I really don't even want the liquor, I'm just trying to be nice without being a sucker. He then looked at me, his demeanor completely changed and he said "You realize the situation you're in, right? I'd hate to have to break this bottle over your head and take whatever I want. Just give me something..."
My adrenaline was now coarsing through my veins like crazy. I stepped back and calmly said "You're right I'll give you something" and reached into my left coat pocket, pulled my coat open with the left hand and lifted up my shirt and said "I'll give a chance to walk the FSCK away!" He immediately acted offended blubbering about "You don't need to get all crazy man!" I told him "I'm not being crazy. You just threatened to bash my skull in and take my money, watch, car, whatever you wanted. I'm giving you a chance to get the hell out of my face and walk, I suggest you take it." He walked off at a rapid rate appologizing and thanking me for the $5. Which had I thought about it I'd have told him to put my money on the ground before he left, but I wasn't thinking about the measley $5.
I honestly think this guy was plotting on doing something and he most definately was showing an unhealthy interest in both my car and my wallet.
I am just curious if this was just one of those random bad timing things. Like I just showed up to the store at a bad time and ran into this guy. Or if my car had any part in attracting the scumbag over. The car is a 98 Honda Accord EX with a Daytona blue metallic paint job. Its a very nice looking car. (At least in my oppinion) I just can't help but think to myself "I've had this car for all of 3 days now and someone has already

Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Owning nice things = dealing with more jerks?

..."pulled my coat open with the left hand and lifted up my shirt and said "I'll give a chance to walk the FSCK away!" He immediately acted offended blubbering about "You don't need to get all crazy man!" "
All I can tell from this story is that you must have some hideous deformed belly to cause bad peeps to just go running off when you bare it

Glad you're o.k. dude -- sounds like ya was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 09-19-2006, 05:59 AM

Yep, he just picked you at random. It's a good thing you were packing too, otherwise he might have busted that bottle over your head. Sound like he was planning on jacking you too if you gave him a ride. Best to just ignore those ***** when they come up to you.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suck it in big guy, this monumental cretin mistook your kindness for weakness, probably lives in a nice house and drives a newer model car than you do. We have a few regulars down our way, usually Saturday mornings when everyone is doing their shopping. Although they can be found hanging out during the week. One guy used to go through the pretence of playing a Ukalale, but does not even worry about that anymore. Just "Got any change?" I used to give them a couple of buck's (hey $2 won't change my life to much) till I saw one of these guys sitting in coffee shop, enjoying his Expresso and cake.
I feel for the genuine bum, hard luck & booze or drugs, but these guys are not that, just dress the part.
If ever anything like that happens to you again, to the point where you feel uncomfortabel or threatened, just start making a lot of noise, yell, scream, jump up and down, wave your arms. They will soon disappear pretty fast. (That may even give you a couple of bucks)
See what they don't want, is witnesses, and anything that could bring the cops. They have the "Work areas" and most shopkeepers are willing to put up with them cause they think their "harmless". But if stores they think their driving business away...........

Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM

I have grown up in cars that cost more than houses and have had this crap happen to me all the time. It is a completely random thing that has to be taken as it is, worthless. I bet if you would have had you helmet on he wouldn't have even talked to you.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow sorry to hear, glad to hear nothing happend, ya that sucks about people, i wouldn't have even stopped and talked, i would have been like no, got in the car and hit it.. but all depends on the situation

Old 09-19-2006, 01:19 PM

anytime I pull into a "shady" spot helmet and gloves stay on. Joe Rocket CF gloves serve duel purposes

Old 09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Retired Moderator

Five cents worth of lead would fix that guy for good...sounds like it is almost a waste of a good five cents. I hate those sons-a-bitches. If a person has been irresponsible their whole life and doesn't have a pot to **** in, I have no sympathy. My wife's ex-husband spent most of his adult life snorting crank. Because of her belief in marriage, she stuck with him through no electricity, shut off phones, eviction, etc. When he comes around, he's always begging for money. I would not mind it so bad, but I think there should be a fair exchange of humiliation involved with the exchange of money..."Yes, you can have $20, but you have to walk around the block with this wine bottle sticking out of your a$$".

Old 09-19-2006, 02:41 PM

Yeah having nice things causes much envy in another human being. It's human nature to be jealous and do irresponsible things to quench that thirst of envy. He would have probably killed you if you didn't act accordingly. In most states a threat is justified by the use of lethal force. That is if you feel your life is endangered. Seeing how a whiskey bottle to the cranium could cause brain hemmorages and brain damage at the least, you could have ended his life with justification. Thats just me personally, I don't take a chance with my life... it's either you or him. They gave us the right to bear arms in the consitution for a reason, because the fathers knew human nature and for the most part, humans in general are irresponsible and would commit attrocities if given the proper situation and position. Protect yourself and your loved ones for that one guy who you let go might come back into your life in a negative way.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:50 PM

Dang, too bad he didnt make a move, he definitely deserved to be killed. I like to kill all sorts of people who look at me funny, move awkwardly, or even smell offensive. It is my right, you know, to just shoot and shoot whenever i feel ill at ease and you better rest assured that i dont hesitate.

Quick Reply: Owning nice things = dealing with more jerks?