Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

some kid on myspace forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some kid on myspace forum

ok, someone was asking what bike to start off with.

an 05 or 06 cbr 1000. im just asking what you think about the bike and the ride, because im also looking at 01 gsxr's, it will be my first bike, and im not looking to drop an *** load of cash, but i want a 1000, bc i think a 600 or 750 will get slow after time.. what bike do you think is better?
I told him a 600 would suffice or even go with a 250.. but another replier says just go ***** to the wall and get a 1Krr. this is his responses, talk about noob.

Iquote

"LOL he asked about which 1000 he should get, not fatherly lectures. Everyone that says not to get a 1000 for their first bike is an idiot. There is no real difference in the chances of crashing..... no matter what bike you have itll only go as fast as you take it. I bought a 600 first bike, my friend bought a 1000, only difference is that he can accelerate faster than me and hit a higher top speed (that doesnt mean he HAS to), and why would you not want to have that extra get up? Get over yourselves, your just jealous because that liter bike is faster than you.
To answer your question... the yamaha R1 is pretty much the top bike as far as 1000's go right now, I however like the <myspace>style</myspace> of the RR. Also, if you have the money.... DUCATIO 1098!! "
2nd post
" dont be jealous that you cant do what I can, why dont you do me a favor and check the GP standings and AMA standings then tell me which bikes have the highest performance. Are you going to tell me that Ducati isnt the most successful bike in GP???
As for telling me to jump on a liter bike... I actually have, I crashed one.... was it the bike?? No it was my fault and would have happened on any bike, so I can speak from personal experiance having ridden a 600 1000 250 642 and a 750. They all corners the same, as long as you know how to corner. This is where your technical skill comes into play, there is no reason you cant lean a liter bike as far as a 600 if not more. Try to get out for a track day and maybe Ill finish reading what you type. "
just had to rant about this because he is very retarded - i mean if it's not the bike, then why not just go for a busa or a Y2K bike? HAHA [8D]

Old 09-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Default RE: some kid on myspace forum

It's not the bike it's the rider's mentality.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:12 PM

Hahaha...yeah, that guy is retarded for suggesting such a thing.
I had a guy from the forum email me not too long ago asking about a 1000RR as a first bike. Sounded like a really nice guy too, had experience with dirt before hand. I think I got him away from the idea and onto something smaller. He was very thankful for my advice.
There's so much more to literbikes besides power. They handle a lot differently too. Turn in isn't as nimble as a 600, getting the wheel up is easier and could cause headshake or tank slappers.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

600 will out handle a 1k in the twisties .. now if you are a go fast in a straight line kinda person then you will probably perfer the feeling of a 1k... but **** some people say a f3 is too fast for them so its all on the individual .. personally i started small to gain skill and moved up as i felt ready, the best damn bike ive ever owned was my 929rr taught me how to be a really decent rider (i say decent because im always learning how to take a line better or do this-or that)

Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM

Vermino you were probably arguing with this toolbag.............

Name:  1203_image.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  30.4 KB

Old 09-16-2007, 05:45 PM

haha nice 13brsxsrr

Old 09-16-2007, 07:33 PM

lol, I never get involved with these arguements, but I agree with the guy that says a 600 or 1000 will suffice as a first bike. Its all the rider.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:48 PM

my opinion: 600 is pleanty of bike for a newbie. i bought an f4i as my first, and it's almost too much.

case in point: my best friend and i bought our bikes together in july. he had never ridden either and got a brand new buell firebolt 1200.

he's dropped it twice and ran off the road once... thing doesn't even have 500 miles on it yet.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 PM

I think I would have suggested he get the litre bike. Come on...think about it. He gets the litre bike, he will inevitably mame himself for life or kill him self (this would be the perferable outcome). Here, we have shown Darwinian natural selection in it's finest form, stopped thsi idiot from any future procreative activity and thus stopped his genetic line from continuing. Now, explain to me why we would NOT want him to buy the liter bike?

Oh...yeah...I forgot...it means we have to see a fine machine like the 1Krr be brutally laid to rest. That would be a bad thing, but I think the above paragraph really outweighs the bike being put to rest. Afterall, Honda can make more. We can spare the bike to get this idiot where he belongs...

I might be flamed for this, but it's just the truth.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 PM

No truly experienced rider will ever tell a newb that it is ok to start on a liter bike. Anymore, I wouldn't recommend a newer 600 for a beginner. People say it all depends on the rider, but what about when that rider acts incorrectly during a panic situation and twists the throttle to full accidentially? A newb does not have the years of experience that are required for proper decision making and second nature reactions.

Whomever that dude is, he should be shut up because his advice may get someone killed.

Quick Reply: some kid on myspace forum