Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So what does it mean...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

kuro, if anything its a good thing. *** puckers, heart rate jumps, etc. can only cause riders to make mistakes. you just reacted to it instead of freaking out.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cnicosiaF4i
^Yes, I'm with you adrenalnjunky. I get the spooks when I do something that could have been dangerous for me or others. Whether is was exceeding my limits as a rider or not paying attention to the road. When others do something reckless or simply aren't paying attention, I realize the only rational thing I can do is shake my head at look out for myself once again. Like classic said, ride with the mentality that everyone on the road is trying to kill you. If you make it home in one piece, you won that round.
wow, I am going to def use that advice....almost turn it into a video game haha...

Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah other peoples lack of intelligence doesn't bother me as much as it used too. I had a guy come into my lane around a corner in a mustang. Luckily I ride as far right as I feel safe because I was rubbernecking at some flood damage(I know not smart on a bike) so the fact that I wasn't crowding the yellow line saved my life. Otherwise my reaction time might not have been quite fast enough if that idiot decided I didn't need to exist anymore. But I just shook my head and kept riding. Didn't really have my heart jump or anything like that, didn't even get that mad, just thought wtf was he doing and kept goin. What scares me the most is the mistakes I make. A while back I got a little too aggressive in a corner and drifted over the center line. I was still shaking when I got home 15 miles later. I didn't come close to hitting any cars or anything but the fact that it happened gave me a wake up call.