Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

so long left foot

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so long left foot

well the docs are amputating my left foot due to the damn afghans from a IED im trying to talk them out of it they said they'll give me another week if it dosent get any better then it gose bye bye it sucks so i was wondering is there anyone else here riding with an amputee or know of anyone

Old 11-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Default RE: so long left foot

That sucks man... sorry to hear it. I dont know how that stuff works, but all you need to do is shift gears so if you have a prostetic, it should be okay, you dont need the feeling like you might need on the rear break or something. Hopefully you dont have to amputate though! Thanks for servering also.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

military I presume? If they end up taking your foot you should a top knotch prostetic one. Not the same as your real foot I know, but they do wonders these days. I seen where one soldier lost his leg n he got a prostetic one n was still active duty. And I heard n seen riders with em em too. Prayer out to ya.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 AM

I've seen people still riding with prosthetics. Keep your head up.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:38 AM

Don't worry man there is a company that makes a universal electric shifter thats supposed to work great. Just clutch it and hit the up or down button. You just tap the up or down lightly in 1 or 2 to hit nutral. Don;t remember the name but i will try to look it up after work. Sorry about the foot, keep your head up there are tons of people behind you.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:01 AM

Man that sucks. I hope it gets better. keep your head up and pray real hard. Best wishes.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:21 AM

I've never seen it in person but i heard of a guy who had custom hand controls built for shifting. kinda like how you would see a suicide shifter on a chopper, but way cooler and more high tech. kinda like padel shifters on a car. Sorry to hear about your foot though man.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:32 AM

i've seen a guy riding with only a left arm. didn't get a chance to talk to him though
hope you got the **** that did it

Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 AM

Sorry to here that man, keep your head-up, and as Suicidal said thanks for serving, my little sister lost her hand and she still drives her car while talking on the cell phone and smoking a cigerette at the same time, good look and you will stay in our prays

Old 11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Damn, I'm sorry to here about this I don't know about the Army. And don't know if you have given it a second thought, but the Marine Corps brought a program on line 2003 starting at Camp Pendleton for disabled Marines to remain in uniform in other MOS areas but I am unsure about the Army. That is of course, if you're interested in staying in uniform. And as it has been said. There are electric shifter options and prosthesis have come a long ways. I also survived an IED attack, but fared much better. Of Course , We Truly Don't Know Each Other and This Is Just a Recommendation from Someone Who Has Lived through Rough Times. Work with the Support Groups in Which You Are Put in Contact with Don't Do A Lot Of Deep Secondhand Guessing on the Events That Have Occurred. A Focus on Moving Forward and Being Successful. God Bless You. And Thank You for Your Service to This Great Nation. You Have Earned the Respect of Those around You and Should Be Proud of the Things That You Have Done And WELL DO !

Quick Reply: so long left foot