Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So, like.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So, like.......

...this isn't a normal Friday night for most people, right? I mean as long as I know I'm weird, I can keep it in check.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems perfectly normal to me!! Unless you were doing all that just to clean it!

Old 06-05-2010, 01:03 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

That's how most of my weekends are spent...

And don't worry about keeping weird "in check" life is much more fun if you don't...hehehe

Old 06-05-2010, 01:26 AM

Well - it was "just" to clean it. But I bought the bike last week, has 29K on it, and seems like the last, good bit has been spent with little to no cleaning or proper maintenance. I had to lift it last night to pull the wheels - I put new tires on it today.

I stripped the plastics off to get a better look at some laydown damage, and how dirty it was underneath. Swingarm has some rusty spots where it looks like brake fluid might have come out and drained down from the rear fluid reservoir, but was never cleaned off, either that or a battery ruptured somewhere in it's life. Gonna wait til the fall/winter to pull the swingarm again and header/midpipe to take everything to the powdercoater for a good blasting and recoat.

I just used 2.5 cans of WD40 dissolving caked on, built up crud from swingarm, drive sprocket area, and everything else on the bike. She's clean now. Little Simple Green foamed on to take off the leftover WD40, then brush and soap washed 3 times to get all the SG off, and I called it a night round 11:30.

tomorrow gets new throttle & clutch cables, new grips, brakes bled, CCT installed, and oil & filter change if I can find the filter in stock somewhere.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:54 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I've spent 3 nights in a row putting together an F4i that my roommate bought. I should charge his *** labor lol... Still missing a windscreen a foot peg and apparently Honda is stupid when I ordered a fuel banjo bolt they sent me one with a hole all the way through it so gas shoots right out of the tank and all over the floor when you turn the bike on /facepalm

Sounds like you have quite a job ahead of yourself as well good luck!

Is that an F2 or F3?

Old 06-05-2010, 07:30 AM

I don't mind taking the time to get her mechanically checked out and right. Like I've seen on too many MC forums - "Take care of the bike or it'll try to kill ya." I don't mind doing all the maintenance to keep a nice bike on the road, I'm one of those guys that like to know my ride inside and out. Course Rojer - then we end up like you, working on all our buddy's stuff, and we're lucky if they bring all the right parts, much less pizza and beer.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:12 AM

No, sadly it isn't...hell I find myself jealous that I don't have the time to do that to mine right now. I'm actually worse about it though..I tear down perfectly good bikes...like my '06 Katana 750 that only had about 3,000 on the clock when I tore it down to the frame and rebuilt it.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:20 AM

Thats perfectly normal to anybody reading all this. Just a part of our nature. I allways have to have something going. Johnnyh

Old 06-06-2010, 01:17 AM

haha keep it up man. i love the feeling of riding around on a bike you just groomed the **** out of. itll be worth it