Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I'm looking at Fox's new bike and I'm thinking... (CBR Reviews)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So I'm looking at Fox's new bike and I'm thinking... (CBR Reviews)

They definitely are not like every other bike in that respect.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 PM

Man I wish I had access to one to see it myself. Looking at the picture more, it looks like the same piece of metal that the rear sets are mounted to is also a mounting point for the back part of the lower fairing. You can see the bolt just above the H. If for some reason the rear set did move, it would also move that plastic, which I just cant see happening. Something sounds odd with the 929 youre riding. Have you verified its like that on another 929? Is the one youre riding stock? Im not calling you dumb or anything like that, its just that this doesnt make any sense lol[8D]

Old 02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
RCR

I have the 929. The sets are mounted to the frame and do not move with the suspension (I even went to the garage and pushed down to verify). they are mounted on the frame where the pivot point for the swing arm is located. If yours move with the swing arm thats a first.

Name:  cbr2003bmp.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  58.0 KB

Old 02-08-2008, 06:22 AM

it feels like the rearsets move if your hanging your heels off the back ontot he swingarm or pipe... they dont move on my 929 though.... 0.02

Old 02-08-2008, 06:30 AM

Well now I feel better now that two 929 owners have chimed in, because that really just made me think "wtf?!?!" lol

Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Hey man - I understand!

I simply have to disagree though because I felt both my feet move. It wasn't a huge movement but it moved enough that I pulled over and looked at it!

I've looked my bike over with a fine tooth comb (literally), and there are no cracks anywhere, bike is stock.

So everyone with a 929 is saying they've never felt they're feet move? There's no way you would know it by pushing on the bike, you're going to need a lot more wieght than that to even compress that rear shock a 1/16th of an inch.

Hmmm... If you look at my pictures from my, "resttoration," you can see that the rearset mount is essentially a bracket that mounts in two places; one at the swingarm (where swingarm connects to frame/engine) and then the mount wraps around the swingarm, and under the bike together where it connects with the rear shock.

Now everything I've looked at shows me that yes, under heavy load, it's more than quite possible to feel the rearsets move. Again, this movement isn't/wasn't big at all. BUT, it also wouldn't take much to notice as I've never ridden another bike like it (where your feet move).

I'm off to do some more research...

Name:  swingclean4.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  121.4 KB

Old 02-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

One other thing. Since this was a stunt bike, it would seem fitting that the rear shock is much more soft than stock. That may have helped... ?

Need to find someone who knows and doesn't just, "think" they know.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Okay, here is as much as I could quickly find.

This review describes it as an, "innovative, pivotless-swingarm design where the swingarm is mounted directly to the engine for unmatched rider control."

Well, if those are where the rearsets are mounted then... well, you know.It's totayll possibleto feel your feet move and now I feel better that I know I didn't miss a crack somewhere.

Oh, and I knew I saw that 380lb-390lb number somewhere... it's the dry weight of the bike.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

Sorry,

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Articl...=45&Page=1

Old 02-08-2008, 11:12 AM

Way to one step beyond what people understand or what they think they understand. I have been looking to get a bigger bike as well but I have made promises to the little lady that I have to keep.

Quick Reply: So I'm looking at Fox's new bike and I'm thinking... (CBR Reviews)