Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So, how long have you been riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 Years man, and im lovin every mile.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been riding for 18 years since I was just 16 ... I was weaned on bikes
by my dad, we restored a couple during my teens and I got a 50cc sports bike
at 15 .. we fixed it up for when I was 16 ... by 17 I had progressed onto a GPZ500 :-)

Jules

Old 08-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been riding my F2 since April

Old 08-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Banned

15 blissful years. I got my first bike when I was 22.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Friend and Hero ...
Arrow No right answer

The whole thread is a repost about 10 times over but hell there is a new influx of members on a regular basis for various reasons and No thread jacking here and not looking to offend anyone but I'm throwing this out here because the question is misleading a discussion among myself and several other individuals a few years ago while on active-duty when motorcycling was a hot topic especially for the Marine Corps with the death rate equal to those being killed in combat and how to handle the matter there was individuals who had owned motorcycles for a decade or more screaming I know how to ride but just because your a motorcyclist at heart and have owned one for several years doesn't necessarily make you a 20 year veteran or a 10 year veteran it's a misleading statement I'm not picking on any group in particular because I'm going to make two examples first, I am quiet familiar with serval individuals with HD's who trailer them to the mountains and spend two or three hours running 129 and loading up and head home or do bike night benefit rides or poker runs and that's all. Now for the sportbike scene I know three individuals one with a Repsol one with a Rave addition R1 and one with a $18,000 stretched and slammed 07 Hayabusa that ride maybe six times year but have owned bikes for as long as I can remember now those are two vastly different groups who can boast they have been riding for 10 or 20 years and it is a true statement but their true hours of experience in the saddle is a hell of a lot less than a couple of guys that I used to ride with just a few years ago one of them a young Marine Sgt who had only been riding at that point about a years but was a daily rider regardless of rain sleet snow or hail as a matter of fact him and about 3 others two weeks ago turned 700 miles in one day to hit the tail of the Dragon and back home and called me at 2200 to tell me what a great time they had and this was on no cruiser a GSXR 750 with about 100,000 plus miles on it.. Pilots are rated on how many hours of flight time they have I thank their should be something similar for motorcyclist just one man's opinion

As for myself I'm in my 30s and have been riding street bikes since I was 16 years old and have done a lot of trail bike riding before that and almost a constant daily rider except for those times when my duty station carried me outside the country in areas where it just wasn't feasible to ride I've rode motorcycles in South America Europe and Japan have done some dragracing on two wheels and four and have put in some track time I wish I know how many hours or days total that was Now I am looking forward to doing some riding in South Africa hint hint Pete

Speaking of experienced military riders who will take advantage of every opportunity to ride where are you F3

miss you Pendleton

Last edited by HARDCORP 8654; 08-09-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:43 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now I am looking forward to doing some riding in South Africa hint hint Pete

Say the word brother.......................just say the word.

I'm inclined to agree that experience comes with "saddle time" - not just how long you've been doing it.
And I've been into bikes for the last 45 years, give or take a few months,
and I still believe I have a huge amount to learn.

Last edited by Shadow; 08-09-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Friend and Hero ...

After going back and reviewing your statements on page 2 and Rogers I agree with Roger and Shadow but I understand your viewpoint the spirit and enthusiasm is an essential part of riding but the experience level of skill is only gained through hours and miles which is the point that Roger was stressing as well and I'm absolutely declaring a protest because of my current GPS location whether could possibly makes it difficult for 12 months riding schedule so therefore you need to spend every other Sunday a month on the boat and every other Saturday a month rolling in the Range Rover and one Friday a month studying Essential quality quotes would be happy to send you my copy a really good book just give me the mailing address well off to church it's been awhile

Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by gr8scape
Since I started this thread, I'll go first. 37 years, but didn't start until I was 23.

6 months ... haha

Quick Reply: So, how long have you been riding?