Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Situational Question: relationships

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Situational Question: relationships

So, here's a good scenario that I want to see other's opinions about:

Have a fairly new girlfriend. She'sorganizing a birthday party for one of her closest friends (girl) on friday. Apparently there will be about 15-20 people there and I'm not invited. Apparently it's because her douche of an ex boyfriend will be there since he's good friends with the girl who's birthday it is.She says I'm not invited because it'll be awkward for him if I was there. To set the stage a little more, she ended up giving said douche a black eye because he cheated on her when they were together, dug through douche's computer and found incriminating emails about him with other girls and so on.
I'm interested in going to meet more of her friends, but honestly it's a little disappointing to me that she's more concerned with said douche's feelings than having me there and my feelings.

Discuss amongst yourselves...I'm interested in hearing other opinions on this.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Situational Question: relationships

Dude, I think that the reason your not going to the party, is that your girlfriend has hopes of getting back with said Douche bag. Awkward or no you should have every expectation of being invited to this party, even if by default (being the "new" BF) Your not going, cos, you would either just get in the way, or (not being cruel, just realistic) that you don't come up to expectations. I believe that you are being kept of the backburner in case a reconcilliation does not take place. Start practicing your break up come back lines, or at the very least, tell this B**ch that you have made arrangements to meet up with a few of your friends on the same night, let her come home to you smelling of some cheap perfume & a big smile on your face.
Don't listen to me though, I've only been married three times.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 AM

Tell her how you feel. I'm not talking about the "mad" feelings or "frustrated" (these are usually men's take on things because they don't know how to express themselves properly. We were taught to fight those feelings and as a result, we get mad at them.). I'm talking about the physical feelings...twisting in gut, stabbing, disappointment. Tell her that you want to be part of her life and meet her friends. Don't raise your voice and don't point fingers. Explain that the situation makes you feel uncomfortable because she will be around and old flame. It's explaining the feelings of the situation...not of her. VERY important.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Retired Moderator

Awkward or no you should have every expectation of being invited to this party, even if by default (being the "new" BF)
I think the same thing. This seems to be the definition of inconsiderate. Think of it this way, D, she is more concerned about howhe feels than howyoufeel, and I think that is a crock. How long have you guys been dateing verses how long did they date? I would say something about it to her. Communication is good as was mentioned above. Ask her to turn the table around, and think about how it would feel if you, a few friends, and your ex-girl were going to a party together...oh and she can't go becauseit's "uncomfortable" [&:]. I wouldn't go and ruin the party or anything because it is for one of her friends that you might want to hook up with later (), but I would plan a night on the town with your boys. Drinking and titty bars are in order. Go have some fun, brother! I could also hire you a stripper...that sexy gal in my banner is available. Seriously, I hope it works out for you, and nobody gets their feelings hurt. Keep us posted, please.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 AM

Ok ive been in this boat before and it SUNK....cut your losses and just call it off now because she isnt over douche ex thats why your not invited...i mean cmon D..she doesnt invite you to a bday party..let her go..you went down and out on your F4 that hurt more than its going to when you tell her you just dont appreciate playing second fiddle to a ******* cheating ex when your a guy that doesnt do either...RUN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM

sounds fishy to me as well, there could always be the exception, but odds are slim. if i have ever learned one thing about women, when you have a feeling something is not right, and they give you a reason why it would be an exception, it probably isnt and you should follow your instincts. if you ever learn one thing about women in life, it is that they ARE scandelous.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:03 AM

cut and run

Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM

dude thats nothing but bad news....

Old 09-19-2007, 09:34 AM

Heres what I would do, but dont actually do it.

Crash said party.
Pick a fight with her ex.
If the party is at her house kick holes in the walls and knock over stuff. If its not at her house then kick holes in walls and knock over stuff.

Seriously though, there is no good reason for anyones gf to want to hang out with their ex, unless they broke up because he realized he was gay or if he was her relative. And its not even like it just sounds like bs when its happening to you. I've had a girl try explaining to me why she was hangin out with her ex but her bf was mad and every explaination she gave was bs.

girls suck

Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 AM

If she is with you now she shouldnt worry about the douches feelings. IU kind of understand due to her best friends, however, if you do the whole "I promise not do so anything role" I dont see why you wouldnt be invited. I would ask her about it and see what the frick'n'frank is going on.

Quick Reply: Situational Question: relationships