CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   silly quads (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/silly-quads-35259/)

CBRCRF 04-04-2007 01:19 PM

RE: silly quads

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

i am a huge quad fanatic and wish we could ride them on the streets here in mass!
Ya man. Up until like 2001 you could make your ATV street legal here in Maine, but then they had an un-advertised legislative session in which they took a vote, and where no one knew about it, no one could be there to oppose it. After that, Unlawful. Lame! You'll have to come ride up here some time :) What do you ride?

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Quads are forold and lazypeople!
LOL, I guarantee you I ride harder on my ATV than anyone on these boards rides there CBR :)

Maybe. But not harder than me on my CRF!:D

K0NPHL1C7 04-04-2007 01:38 PM

Possibly, if you're one of those kids who just cruises the sand pits all day :) I also have a CRF(*cough*50*cough*) - Bought it for my son this Xmas. Can't wait to get him out there!

BurryTheSpeedo 04-04-2007 02:16 PM

atvs are to "unstable" for me....when i take turns fast i always feel like i am about to flip and die...lol

CBRCRF 04-04-2007 02:16 PM

Yeah! If he can get you off of it. 50's are a blast!

K0NPHL1C7 04-04-2007 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Yeah! If he can get you off of it. 50's are a blast!
Ya I know, i can't wait till he and my daughter out gorw it. Then I'll pit-bike it out!

ORIGINAL: BurryTheSpeedo

atvs are to "unstable" for me....when i take turns fast i always feel like i am about to flip and die...lol
Been there, done that. Lol. But if you're on the right terrain, you can always slide the rear end out and "drift" it.

Northernfirepower 04-04-2007 02:47 PM

I'm a proud owner of a '01 400EX and ride as often as I can. I live in the country so I don't have much to compare to and I do ride on the road when I have to but if there is traffic...I know who has the right-of-way (not me). My quad has after market exhaust so it is loud but I don't haunch on it when I'm near houses or in a town. Not that there is any rights for a quad to be on the road but they’re pretty confined as they are so hitting the road here and there shouldn’t be a big issue. As for people only keeping an ATV on asphalt, that’s ridicules! They are meant to be All Terrain Vehicles, not golf carts.
-NorthernFirepower

K0NPHL1C7 04-04-2007 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Northernfirepower

I'm a proud owner of a '01 400EX and ride as often as I can. I live in the country so I don't have much to compare to and I do ride on the road when I have to but if there is traffic...I know who has the right-of-way (not me). My quad has after market exhaust so it is loud but I don't haunch on it when I'm near houses or in a town. Not that there is any rights for a quad to be on the road but they’re pretty confined as they are so hitting the road here and there shouldn’t be a big issue. As for people only keeping an ATV on asphalt, that’s ridicules! They are meant to be All Terrain Vehicles, not golf carts.
-NorthernFirepower

I want to get an old 400EX or even a 300EX for stunting. They are so light in the front they wheelie soooooo easily. High-chairs are soooooo easy on a 400EX.

Northernfirepower 04-04-2007 05:39 PM

Yeah, more power to ya! I love my 400EX and would rather rebuild my engine than replace my quad if it comes down to it. If your lookin to stunt the only downfall is the solid mount grab bar, it’s one with the subframe.

K0NPHL1C7 04-04-2007 08:55 PM

Well that could be modified. Check out the pics of the grab/wheelie bar i made for mine:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...0124071510.jpg

tmcj 04-04-2007 09:16 PM

whoah bud, don't be knocking the quads, lol. this is the first post i've read and responded to on this site. i'm a huge banshee fan and have an 01 that is slightly modified and love riding my shee. probably more than my cbr[sm=icon_rock.gif]that's not a good start for the site for me, lol. naah, i'm just messin. quads aren't street legal here in pa by any means. the guys who try to ride the street like they do in the dirt shouldn't be on the road. they are more of a hazzard than anything. there's a time and place for everything, andplaying dirtrideron the street isn't cool.