Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

silly quads

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silly quads

Anyone else have a problem with quads where they live? In SD its legal for them to ride the streets as long as they get tags and carry proof of insurance. Seems like they seriously outnumber bikes now and they all think they are the shizznit. Last week I saw a group of 4 raptors, the little racing quads, all in shorts and t-shirts like they owned the roads. Their so called leader of the group on an 800 looked at me (he use to work for me) and said this quad will smoke you. It took everything in me not to laugh. I just grinned and told him goodbye, flipped the visor down and took off. I didnt even break the speed limit before he realized that he was made a giant *** in front of his friends.

So anyone else have a problem with quads or is it just me? Quads are like vespas to me, every time I see one I just want to push them over.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Default RE: silly quads

Like anything, it isn't the quad, in this case it is the riders. I was a serious dirt biker for years. Then the quads came into being. They would cruise the riding areas, go off of the trials, ride with coolers on the front and back racks and leave their empty cans all over the landscape.Quads have been the cause of more land closures than anything I can think off. Again, I am notagainst the quads, but the riders,whosementalcapacity seems to be impaired. Maybe the ball cap being worn backwards, instead of a helmet, says something. As in any ban of privlidges, it is the actions of a few that affect the rights of others.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:27 AM

Nah dave...its the quads and the dumbass that ride them. Completely retarded

Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 AM

I am an avid ATV enthusiest, often time opting to ride my KFX 400 instead of my bike. Granted where I live(Maine) it is illegal to ride a quad on any paved road more than 300 yards(500 if there is a bridge) I do often find myself on the road searching for trails. I have many friends I ride with, Dirtbikes and ATVs, and the majority of my riding buddies ride street bikes as well.

I guess my point is, I am sure there are a lot of riders that give us ATV'rs a bad name, but we are not all that bad, there are some Bikers that a douchebags as well. Case in pooint, we went out stunting our ATVs in a local parking lot, and it just so happened that a member of "Vertical Outlaws" was stunting his bike there that day. The coips ended up getting called because my quad is louad, and he was a total dick about it . I wanted to punch him. It's not your parking lot buddy.

Anyway, A raptor 700 with a power commander and custom exhaust could beat a CBR600 RR until about 60 MPH, but would then loose. A Banshee, Jetted with max air flow would smake a CBR1000 untill about 50 MPH. I don't know of "sport" ATV that is 800CC's, so i don't think there is one that could beat a bike. The DS650, Rappy 700 or KFX700 maybe.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 AM

quads are a blast to ride but in nebraska they are definatley not street legal. i know of a few people that have some that are built and surpisingly fast.

Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: Triax

quads are a blast to ride but in nebraska they are definatley not street legal. i know of a few people that have some that are built and surpisingly fast.
Compared to stok 400's mine is quite quick, but I know there are faster out there. Man the new KFX450r is gonna be the *****. I soooo want one. I would trade my quad in, but last year I hit a tree and bent my frame, so i wouldn't get jack for it. i need to straighten it.

Ya man, riding quads is soooooo fun. I love it. I can ride a 15 hour day no problem, and it never gets boring.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:38 PM

i am a huge quad fanatic and wish we could ride them on the streets here in mass!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 PM

Quads are forold and lazypeople!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

i am a huge quad fanatic and wish we could ride them on the streets here in mass!

Ya man. Up until like 2001 you could make your ATV street legal here in Maine, but then they had an un-advertised legislative session in which they took a vote, and where no one knew about it, no one could be there to oppose it. After that, Unlawful. Lame! You'll have to come ride up here some time What do you ride?

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Quads are forold and lazypeople!
LOL, I guarantee you I ride harder on my ATV than anyone on these boards rides there CBR

Old 04-04-2007, 01:05 PM

In Illinois..ridng a quad on the street....LOL..yea right..who ever made that legal was just askin for trouble..a.A bunch of kids crusin quads in traffic..tryin to race cars and motorcycles....i think thats how accidents happen..

Quick Reply: silly quads