Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

...sigh, dropped it

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...sigh, dropped it

out of all the crazy **** i was doing with my bike all weekend, i took it on base and was actually doing the speed limit...was stopped at a stop sign, was going straight but it was one of those offset roads, where you have to turn to get in ur lane... well i hit a super small patch of like..not even rocks...but dust. And whooop, it was gone, slid right out.

Time to go blow another grand or two on fairings...and race rail this time...haha [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 08-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Default RE: ...sigh, dropped it

BTW whats the best way to clean up scrapes n ****? got a great one on my elbow, deap and long as hell. Like is it super super important to get every single piece of dirt out? or can i just pour a whole bottle of peroxide on it and be good to go?

Old 08-31-2008, 01:05 PM

That sucks you dropped your bike...

and as far as the scratch goes, can you go to your medic on base? That would suck to get it infected.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:54 PM

I would think its pretty important to get all the dirt outor as much as possible then sterilize it with your peroxide or w/e you have. After cleaned use some bactine or neosporin on it and cover it up with gauze. Clean it daily. The neosporin really helps to minimize the scar.

Old 08-31-2008, 02:26 PM

Road rash is generally treated with craptons of iodine and.. yes this is horrifying.. a plastic toothed scrubber. Resist the urge to use Hydrogen Peroxide, as it will further damage the tissue.

(only pic I could find of the scrubber, this guy is using hydrogen peroxide which is a no-no.)

Don't scrub too hard, but flush with iodine, scrub lightly, flush again, until the wound is clean. Then cover it with a second skin type bandage. 3M makes Tegaderm, Johnson and Johnsonhas Bioclusive, Spenco has 2nd Skin. Make sure your Tetanus is up to date!

Change your bandages often, keep the wound clean and covered, but do let it get air through the bandages!

P.S. if you have a base doc that will do it, go for it, He won't mind scrubbing it up for ya! ha! I lost 30% of the skin on my lower leg, some off my hip, a pretty good patch on my forearm in a rollerblading accident as a kid. Apparently they weren't designed for 30mph runs with gravel at the end, who knew?