Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Dropped my bike *sigh*

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 02:02 AM
October 2010 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped my bike *sigh*

So I take my bike out, for what I figure would be my last ride for the season. Got a lot of stuff to do to it to prepare for it to sell next Spring, and it's been a fun first season of riding, but the chilly weather, and me only having "summer" gear makes it not-so-enjoyable.

I have a few reasons for selling my bike ..
1) Want something newer, and a smaller cc
2) Want something with low mileage
3) Want something lower. My bike was raised by sub-frame modification and a different swing arm

Well reason #3 decided to strike today. I was backing out of my friends driveway, at the end of it, it dips like a "v" (driveway on a decline, then inclines at the road). So, my rear tire is on the incline of the road, and my front tire also at the highest peak, so my foot is in the "pit". My bike sits so high, that me being 6", I am on my tippie-toes on flat ground, so when I hit that pit, my foot struck sand, slipped, and down came my bike.

It was like a "OH SH**!" moment, but that quickly turned to a "Damnit, I knew this was gonna happen! "

The frame sliders that the guy before me installed I guess are garbage. It actually "crumpled" and snapped right off so the screw-in part is stuck in the hole. The fairing around the slider is cracked, and I realized it was repaired before .. and the lower fairings paint scraped off.

Besides that, the chromed casing has a light scuff on the bottom of it, but that's barely noticeable.

So, guess I'm going to have to dish out some money to fix the fairings to get it sell-worthy again before next spring. *sigh*

I took a few pictures, but this one will suffice. You can clearly see the damage. My pride of not dropping a bike because of a silly error was more hurt today than anything else.

and this picture I just took like 2 days ago..
Name:  hotpicture.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  138.8 KB

Old 10-31-2010, 02:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats sux, sorry dude. Welcome to the club tho n be glad it wasnt worse

Old 10-31-2010, 05:10 PM

Amen to what playful said...

That is one sexy bike though man, I say once you touch it up a bit you should have no trouble selling it at all.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:32 PM

Geez that sucks for it to go down like that. I'm glad you walked away from it. Could have easily been worse.

Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
So I take my bike out, for what I figure would be my last ride for the season. Got a lot of stuff to do to it to prepare for it to sell next Spring, and it's been a fun first season of riding, but the chilly weather, and me only having "summer" gear makes it not-so-enjoyable.

I have a few reasons for selling my bike ..
1) Want something newer, and a smaller cc
2) Want something with low mileage
3) Want something lower. My bike was raised by sub-frame modification and a different swing arm

Well reason #3 decided to strike today. I was backing out of my friends driveway, at the end of it, it dips like a "v" (driveway on a decline, then inclines at the road). So, my rear tire is on the incline of the road, and my front tire also at the highest peak, so my foot is in the "pit". My bike sits so high, that me being 6", I am on my tippie-toes on flat ground, so when I hit that pit, my foot struck sand, slipped, and down came my bike.

It was like a "OH SH**!" moment, but that quickly turned to a "Damnit, I knew this was gonna happen! "

The frame sliders that the guy before me installed I guess are garbage. It actually "crumpled" and snapped right off so the screw-in part is stuck in the hole. The fairing around the slider is cracked, and I realized it was repaired before .. and the lower fairings paint scraped off.

Besides that, the chromed casing has a light scuff on the bottom of it, but that's barely noticeable.

So, guess I'm going to have to dish out some money to fix the fairings to get it sell-worthy again before next spring. *sigh*

I took a few pictures, but this one will suffice. You can clearly see the damage. My pride of not dropping a bike because of a silly error was more hurt today than anything else.

and this picture I just took like 2 days ago..

Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

happens to EVERYONE