Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Showing a little skin, Police, and Tickets

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Showing a little skin, Police, and Tickets

Alright so here goes....

I was riding down the street getting ready to pass our middle/high school. Dip**** cop standing in the middle of the street directing traffic. As I slow down to stop at the stop sign I lean up, take both my hands of the handle bars and pull my shirt down in the back(since it flies halfway up my back), and then pulled it up in the front so all those highschool dumbass boys aren't staring right down the front of my shirt.

The cop doesn't say anything, doesn't even point at me....NOTHING. I stopped at the sign looked both ways then drove on.

Three hours later, I left the house to meet some of my friends uptown where we all hang out. The same cop driving down the road sees me sitting there on my bike, comes over ask for my drivers license, insurance and processed to right me a ticket for Reckless Endangerment. Also wrote me a ticket for not having a helmet/eye protection on, when I had on Oakleys. He said they were not approved for motorcycle riding. And said that if he caught me out after sundown riding my bike he would give me a ticket for disturbing the peace. I have a Jardine exhust, so it's a little loud......

WTF......Can I fight this, Can I do anything, or am I just screwed......?

Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Default RE: Showing a little skin, Police, and Tickets

I would fight it, where is his proof and I don't believe that he is allowed to be writing tickets in such an non-timelly manor. Sounds more like harrasement to me.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM

What an @$$hole. Not sure what you can do, but I would try fighting it. Also, I know in NJ, if the bike has any type of windscreen, no eye protection is needed. Not sure if that applies to your state. Not sure why you got a ticket for wreckless endangerment, as from your description, you did nothing wrong.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:37 PM

You should have offered to blow him. That would have gone over real well.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM

As far as the WE/WO goes, the only thing that I can think of is when you went to slow down, still moving, and you took your hands off the bars. As far as the "no helmet/no eye protection" goes, you could fight that unless you're a Novice (a Novice here in OH HAS to wear a helmet for 1 year). It sounds like you didn't have any gear on. Next time, be a responsible rider and wear some gear, please.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 05RR

Next time, be a responsible rider and wear some gear, please.
^+1

Rule #1: Never cop a plea
Rule #2: Make da man prove it
Rule #3: See rule #1
Exceptions to Rule #3: If you're really screwed, and you know you did it, and they have a dossier on it, countersigned by your grandmother proving that it was you.
or
you just want it over quickly

Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM

They can get you for the eye protection thing easily. I know in my state, your sunglasses (should you choose to not wear a helmet) have to have a band that goes around your head or neck, incase they fly off. Otherwise they can write you a ticket. I would fight the "reckless Endangerment" ticket... cause from what you've described, they didn't even tell you WHY you got that ticket... which makes no sense if you weren't doing anything at all worthy of such a ticket.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: f3racer

where do you live?
Manila, Arkansas

populations: Five ******* cops, and 2500 halfway decent people.....plus one girl with a motorcycle

Quick Reply: Showing a little skin, Police, and Tickets