Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

should i say anything ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i say anything ?

hey everyone well i sold my 98 f3 to a guy about 2 weeks ago. it is his 1st bike and absolutely loves it ! now the problem im having is , when i sold him the bike i forgot (genuinely) that the sprocket was geared down in the rear making it lose alot of its low end power. now the guy called me about 1 week after he had the bike. says he loves it so much, he is enjoying riding . he said that he was suprised at how MUCH TORQUE it has ! im thinking to myself well its actually alot less then it should be. now my delima is.. should i say anything at all ? because its his 1st bike and he is still a n00b it might be better if i say nothing @ all so he doesnt hurt himself. or should a wait a lil while longer then tell him, or just tell him right away as to be fair he should know the truth.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Default RE: should i say anything ?

Dude, that sprocket is NOT going to be the deciding factor if he hurts himself or not.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 PM

I'd let it be. He doesnt know the difference now, and it seems to be enough for him, so I'd let it go.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well my thinking is if its less powerful he might have a better chance of not hurting himself. i know there are 1 million + other way for him to get hurt. im just strying to make sure im not screwin the kid by not telling him

Old 04-16-2007, 10:33 PM

I wouldn't say anything. If he likes it let him ride it that way. Most likely he'll never know.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:36 PM

Tell him but explain it just as you did here. Tell him that the sprocket is geared down for less torque so its great for him to start out on. Tell him if he's ready the next time the sprocket needs to be replaced he may want to try a stock sprocket, or if he's still learning and happy with the bikes performance he can keep it where its at. Let him make the choice. He already has one mother and likely doesnt want/need another

I know whenever I buy a new vehicle I always want to know everything, whether its good or bad. Its only fair.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:38 PM

^^^ I agree

Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell him, but let him know what you're telling us now. It's only right, and you seem like a totally straight up person.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:43 PM

Let the dude know, be a straight shooter, not like you did anything wrong or bad, plus, in a bit he might want to change up the sprocket, and the straight scoop would be good to know.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: CK99F4

Tell him but explain it just as you did here. Tell him that the sprocket is geared down for less torque so its great for him to start out on. Tell him if he's ready the next time the sprocket needs to be replaced he may want to try a stock sprocket, or if he's still learning and happy with the bikes performance he can keep it where its at. Let him make the choice. He already has one mother and likely doesnt want/need another

I know whenever I buy a new vehicle I always want to know everything, whether its good or bad. Its only fair.

+10 tell him its the right thing to do lol