Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

should i say anything ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: should i say anything ?

Would you want to know (if you were a beginner)? I would want to know of all the modifications that happened on a used bike. Just because he is new, doesn't mean he wouldn't want to know for the future. It's not like you sold him a time bomb.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and the biggest reason you should tell him is?!??!??!

he's now speeding when he thinks he's going the speed limit!

mauahahhahahahahhahahah...

Old 04-17-2007, 12:42 PM

I'd tell him.

Look at it this way - a very obscure way I might add: Say he getsused to the power and acceleration the way it is now, and for the next couple years he gains the confidence to upgrade. He starts thinking "Man I can handlea liter bike now after riding on this for a while."But in all reality he's making a bigger jump than he bargained for seeing as though he was riding an "underpowered" bike - if you know what I mean.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:02 PM

wont affect his safety. Faster acceleration can be as dangerous as those xtra mph he has on his top end. Either way, he has the right to know its not stock.

Old 04-17-2007, 07:57 PM

how funny would it be if he joined this forum cause he just bought a 98 f3 and saw this thread, lol. just tell the guy, he wont want to give it back or anything since he likes it so much.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:17 PM

When I saw the headline "should I say anything", I thought for sure it was whether or not to tell your girlfriend about your recently discovered STD!! Just kidding! Hehehe, it's all good....

Old 04-17-2007, 08:48 PM
Banned

Prolly won't be an issue - but he could get a new set of OEM sprockets and chain and it could surprise him in a sticky situation...

Prolly won't happen, but yeah - he should know for that reason and that reason only. Just let him know it's gonna be a bit more torquy once he puts a 43 toother in the rear.

Havoc, you're good people!

Old 04-18-2007, 05:30 AM

he probably already registered on here and found this...

Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Brandon77

doesnt matter, he probably wouldnt know what it meant when you told him anyway, just let it go.
That's not cool to say. Just because it's his first bike doesn't mean he doesn't want to know everything about it and how it all works. I say tell him because he's probably going to find out sooner or later anyway. If it was me, and he was an acquaintance of mine, I would rather tell him than have some schmoe tech at a bike shop tell him. It's not fair to possibly make him look like a dumbass because of something you forgot to tell him.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:51 PM

For sure, I would tell him just for sake of when he goes to order replacement parts. If he's perfectly happy with the way things are and ends up ordering a replacement sprocket in a year or two ( I dunno how worn the one on it is) , and gets a stock one the pure hassle of having to take it back and reorder would be enough to agitate me. Then again I would probably count the teeth before I ordered a part for a bike that had a previous owner....eh, tell him. I can tell it's something you'd feel good to have gotten off your chest.