Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

this should get the pot stirring

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this should get the pot stirring

I only comprehended about 5 percent of that post...

I was meaning,they're already getting paid, why wouldthey go write more citations...it's not likethey're personally getting the money

Oh, and this is kinda going off on a bunny trail. Can we argue over the original post, and not the validity and need for police officers?

Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

For all the so called effort they put in only money is raised ...the death toll is still bigger than all the wars in history....
Proving my point? The need for public awareness, and the job of a traffic officer is great...Think of what the roads would be like without them!
Traffic cops ALL around the world are made to pick up people ..not only to help road safety but to help the Tax department pay all the bills ...
It is and has been documented and made public knowledge for bloody years ...
Any officer worth his weight in gold will tell you, the whole basis of a traffic stop is to get something else, eg. a wanted person, drugs, guns etc. off the street. Learning traffic law and staying up to date is crucial.
You cannot be that un informed that you think that traffic cops and parking cops and council fees , fines, permits and a **** load of other things are only revenue raisers mate ....??

Every where around the bloody world......
Never argued that fact mate, the parking fees and such can be used as revenue makers for sure...but think about why the law is there.You still haven't answered my question...what do you think would happen if we abandoned traffic laws completely?

Agreed, you're not even arguing about the original post and you fail to see how there is a need for traffic officers. I guess the 41,000 + people who died last year would likely have a different opinion hmm?

When someone wants to bring up the original topic again I'd be happy to debate with you

Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but I can not reply to that last reply mate...
My lips and typing fingrers are zipped ...........

all good...
You just replied.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might remind you X ..no smiley or emotion and I assume the worst mate ...
Assumptions are bad, but it is what it is.

BTW, I'm up at 4 am daily. Have an hour of guitar practice (been playing for many, MANY years) and daily weights and cardio.

I rarely post smilies, not much point. I use words pretty effectively.

Quick Reply: this should get the pot stirring